|Father||Jeremiah Sackett (1749/50-1838)|
|Mother||Hannah Newing (c 1761-1816)|
Benjamin was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in Northwood, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, on 12 March 1838.10
In 1841 he was living at High Street, Ramsgate, KentG, and was recorded as Benjamine Sacket, a gardener, aged 50 and born in Kent. Living with him was his wife Mary, 50. Also in the household was a ten-year-old Mary Gore, presumably a relation of Benjamin's wife.11
In 1851 he was living at Pegwell, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, and was recorded as Benjamin Sackett, a gardener, head of household, married, aged 61, and born in St Lawrence. Living with him was his wife Mary, aged 63, and born in Faversham, Kent.12
In 1861 Benjamin's widow Mary was living at 19 Hertford Place, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of Edmund Edney and family, and was recorded in the census as Mary Sackett, a widow, aged 78, and born in Faversham, Kent.13
Child of Benjamin Sackett and Ann Cox
- Benjamin Sackett Cox+ b. 4 Jul 1811, d. 8 Jun 1885
Children of Benjamin Sackett and Mary Gore
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Lawrence the Martyr, Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "14 October 1789 Benjamin s. Jeremiah & Hannah Sackett, bn. 30 September."
- Baptisms Register, St Lawrence the Martyr, Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "14 October 1789 Benjamin s. Jeremiah & Hannah Sackett, b. 30 September."
- Miss Bolton's Index, St Lawrence Churchyard, Thanet, Kent, no. 586, "Benjamin Sackett 1854; George Sackett date eroded; Jeremiah Sackett 1860; Emily Holloway 1916."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1854. Sackett, Benjamin, 64. Thanet. 2a:385."
- Burials Register, St Lawrence the Martyr, Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts; Society of Genealogists), "25 January 1854 Benjamin Sackett, Pegwell, 65."
- Marriages Register, St George, Hanover Square, Westminster, Middlesex, "11 October 1815 Benjamine Sackett, bachelor, & Mary Gore, widow. Licence."
- Age 63 in 1851 census gives birth in c1787; age 78 in 1861 census gives birth in c1782; age 82 at death in 1862 gives birth in c1780.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1862. Sackett, Mary, 82. Thanet. 2a:421."
- Burials Register, St Lawrence the Martyr, Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts; Society of Genealogists), "7 October 1862 Mary Sackett, Ramsgate, 82."
- Will of Jeremiah Sackett of Northwood, St Lawrence, Kent, 12 March 1838, proved at Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 4 July 1838 (Kent Archives Office, KAO PRC 17-110-240).
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, High Street, Ramsgate, Kent
Benjamine Sacket, 50, gardener, b. Kent
Mary Sacket, 50, b. Kent
Mary Gore, 10, b. Kent
HO107; Piece 469; Book: 1; Civil Parish: Preston By Wingham [error for Ramsgate]; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 1; Folio: 20; Page: 33; Line: 21; GSU roll: 306864.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, Pegwell, St.Lawrence, Kent
Benjamin Sackett, head, married, 61, gardener, b. Kent, St. Lawrence
Mary Sackett, wife, 63, b. Kent, Faversham
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/?
19 Hertford Pl., Ramsgate, Kent
Edmund Edney, head, married, 28, ostler, b. Canterbury, Kent
Mary A Edney, wife, 28, b. Margate, Kent
Jane Edney, dau, 2, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Mary Sackett, boarder, widow, 78, b. Faversham, Kent
Magt. P Sackett, gdau, 11, b. London
Martha Robertson, visitor, 19, b. Ramsgate, Kent
[Magt. P Sackett not identified; not found in GRO birth index; cannot be gdau of head; may be a transcription error.].
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||31 Jan 2019|