|Father||John Sackett (1743-1827)|
|Mother||Catherine Andrews (c 1753-1831)|
Edward was apprenticed to a shipwright in 1808. He married two years later and presumably did not complete his apprenticeship.7
Child of Edward Sackett and Mary Saunders
- Rev Edward Saunders Sackett+ b. 11 Oct 1811, d. 6 Nov 1850
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Peter in Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "4 September 1791 Edward s. John & Catherine Sackett, b. 18 August."
- Burials Register, St Peter in Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts, Society of Genealogists), "26 October 1818 Edward Sackett, of St Lawrence, 27."
- Memorial Inscriptions, St Peter in Thanet, Kent (Pat Tritton, Canterbury Cathedral Archives), "Sacred to the memory of Henry son of John and Katherine Sackett of Northwood, who died in the West Indies the 19th June 1806 aged 18 years also Edward, son the above who departed this life October the 21st 1818 aged 27 years Likewise two of their children who died in infancy Also of the above named John Sackett who departed this life March 11 1827 aged 83 years also of Katherine Sackett wife of the above who died October 9 1831 aged 78 years also of Vincent Andrew Sackett who died June 5, 1883, aged 90 years."
- Marriages Register, Christ Church Spitalfields, Stepney, Middlesex (Ancestry image), "27 May 1818 Edward Sackett bachelor of this parish & Mary Saunders spinster of this parish. Banns. Witnesses: George Mikel, George Ashtone."
- Baptisms Register, St George in the East, Middlesex (Ancestry image), "2 Sep 1792, Mary, d. of John Saunders, mar[ine]r, by Mary, Prospect Place, 21 days."
- Marriages Register, St Lawrence in Thanet, Kent (Findmypast image), "11 Oct 1823, James Russell, of St L; and Mary Sackett, widow, of St L. Banns. Witnesses: Thomas Ashenden, Henry Philpot."
- Marion Sackett, A Saga of Sacketts, saga 3.
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||24 Oct 2022|