|Father||Thomas Sackett (1734-1817)|
|Mother||Mary Wilkinson (1739-1816)|
George was bound on 20 April 1786 as an apprentice waterman to John Bogg. He gained his freedom on 23 October 1794.6
George, as the only surviving family member, was named as sole beneficiary of his sister Sophia's estate in letters of administration granted on 10 September 1830. George had, by that date, been registered as a lunatic and administration was granted to his son George Samuel who was to apply the estate "for the use and benefit of the said George Sackett during his lunacy."
In 1841 George's wife Sophia was living at Park End Cottage, Kidbrooke, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Sophia Sackett, of independent means, aged 60+. Her daughters, Marianne, 25+, and Ann, 20+, both schoolmistresses, were living with her.7
Children of George Sackett and Sophia ___
- George Samuel Sackett LLD+ b. 22 Sep 1799, d. 25 May 1893
- Henry Thomas Sackett+ b. 27 Oct 1802, d. 1853
- Sophia Sackett+ b. 5 Jun 1804
- Caroline Sackett b. 5 Mar 1807, d. Nov 1808
- Thomas Sackett b. 16 May 1809
- Mary Ann Sackett b. 13 Jun 1811
- Anne Sackett b. c 1816, d. 19 Nov 1848
- John Albert Reginald Sackett b. 9 Feb 1820
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, Surrey, "5 April 1772 George Sackett s. Thomas (shipwright) & Mary, of Salisbury Lane, b. 6 March."
- He was named as George Samuel on his son John's marriage record but other records have him as just George.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Jun qtr 1842. Sackett, George, 76. Bethnal Green. 2:17."
- Burials Register, Bunhill Fields, London City, Middlesex, "15 June 1842 George Sackett, 75, of Tabernacle Walk."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Dec qtr 1841. Sackett, Sophia, 65. Lewisham. 05:194."
- "Thames Watermen & Lightermen 1688-2010" (Findmypast transcript), "George Sackett, bound date 20 Apr 1786, date free 23 Oct 1794, master John Bogg."
- 1841 England census
HO107; Piece 483; Book: 11; Civil Parish: Kidbrooke; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 11; Folio: 19; Page: 7; Line: 16; GSU roll: 306875.
Park End Cottage, Kidbrooke, Kent
Sophia Sackett, 60, ind, not b. Kent
Marianne Sackett, 25, schoolmistress, not b. Kent
Ann Sackett, 20, schoolmistress, not b. Kent.
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||18 Oct 2022|