|Father||John Sackett MD (c 1702-after 1760)|
Ezekiel Sackett served as a private in the American Revolutionary War.3
Ezekiel's wife Mary was left an equal share with her sister Prudence and two other siblings in 150 acres of land in Northmoreland Township, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, in her father James Atherton's will made in Kingstown, Luzerne County on 3 March 1789.4
In 1790 Ezekiel was living in Amenia, Dutchess County, New York StateG. In his household were three males (16+), one male under 16, and four females.5
Ezekiel was listed in the 1810 census as a householder in Northampton, Montgomery County, New York StateG.6
Children of Ezekiel Sackett and Mary Atherton
715. Ezekiel Sackett, of Dutchess County, N. Y., son of (268) John Sackett, M. D., was married Nov. 13, 1759, to Mary Atherton, daughter of James Atherton, who came from Canterbury, Conn., to Dutchess County, N. Y., and removed from there in 1769 to Wilkesbarre, Penn., where he died in 1790. The New York records show that Ezekiel Sackett, of Dutchess County, was adjudged entitled to bounty lands by reason of service rendered in the war of the Revolution.
1691. Reuben Sackett, m. ___ Dibble.
1692. Nathaniel Sackett.
1693. Anne Sackett, m. Eliphalet Reed.
1694. Joanna Sackett, was married Jan. 7, 1779, to Reuben Delano.
1695. Della Sackett.
1696. Polly Sackett, m. Reuben Martin.
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "715. Ezekiel Sackett, m. Mary Atherton, Nov. 13, 1759."
- Website Brooklyn Genealogy, Marriage Index New York 1600s–1900. (Steve Morse), "1759, Amenia, Dutchess County, Sacket, Ezekiel & Artherton, Mary."
- Website National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, "Sackett, Ezekiel
Service: New York
Birth: C 1737, Amenia Precinct, New York
Death: p 1786, Amenia, New York
Spouse: Mary Atherton."
- "Pennsylvania, Wills and Probate Records, 1683–1993" (Ancestry image), Will of James Atherton of Kingstown, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, 3 Mar 1789.
- 1790 United States census, Ezekiel Sacket. Amenia, Dutchess, NY. 3 white males (16+), 1 white male under 16, and 4 white females.
- 1810 United States census, "Ezekiel Sacket, Northampton, Montgomery County, New York State, 1 male 45 and over, 1 female 45 and over, total 2."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||Grandson of Captain Richard Sackett of New York|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||11 Nov 2023|