Capt Joel Sackett
|Father||Solomon Sackett (1748-1823)|
|Mother||Mary ___ (c 1748-1784)|
In 1790 Joel was living in North Haven, New Haven County, ConnecticutG. The census record is of a household comprising only one man although Joel had married the previous year. There is no evidence of another Joel Sackett living in North Haven at this time.6
Joel died intestate. Lydia, his widow, and Caleb Todd were appointed administrators of his personal estate by the Wallingford Probate District Court on 1 October 1800. An inventory valued his estate at $605. His widow and children, Butler and Maria, each received items to the value of one-third of that sum.7
699. Joel Sackett, son of (254) Samuel and Abigail Blakeley Sacket, was married to Lydia Todd, daughter of Hesekiah Todd and his wife Lydia Frost, of North Haven, Conn.
[Joel's parents were Solomon and Mary Sackett, ref. First Congregational Church, North Haven, baptisms.]
Children of Capt Joel Sackett and Lydia Todd
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "699. Joel Sackett, m. Dec. 1789, Lydia Todd." [Weygant incorrectly listed Joel as a son of Solomon's brother Samuel.]
- Donald Jacobus, Families of Ancient New Haven, digital image, American Ancestors, p1583–8, "Joel [s. Solomon Sackett & Mary ___], b c. 1770, bp 24 July 1774 NoHC, d bef. 1804; res C; m 6 Dec 1789 NoHC—Lydia Todd; she m (2) 26 Jan 1804 CC—Enos Moss. Children: (1) Son, d 23 July 1790 NoHC. (2) Infant, d 30 Nov 1791 NoHC. (3) Maria.
- "Connecticut, Church Record Abstracts, 1630–1920" (Ancestry image), North Haven, First Congregational, "Sackett, Joel, Caleb & Melia, children of Solomon & Mary, bp. 24 Jul 1774. 2:20."
- Administration of estate.
- "Connecticut, Church Record Abstracts, 1630–1920" (Ancestry image), North Haven, First Congregational, "Sackett, Joel, m. Lydia Todd, 6 Dec 1789. 2:41."
- 1790 United States census
Joel Sacket. North Haven, New Haven, CT. 1 white male (16+).
- "Connecticut, Wills and Probate Records, 1609–1999" (Ancestry image), Estate of Capt Joel Sackett, of Cheshire, CT, 1800
Wallingford Probate District.
Administrators, 1 Oct 1800: Lydia Sackett, Caleb Todd, both of Cheshire.
Inventory of personal estate, 10 Oct 1800, gross $677, net $605.
Beneficiaries: one-third to the widow, one-third to each of the children, Meriah the only daughter & Butler the only son.
Distribution: 8 Jun 1801.
- "Connecticut, Church Record Abstracts, 1630–1920" (Ancestry image), North Haven, First Congregational, "Sackett, Joel & w. Lydia, their infant son, d. 23 Jul 1790. 2:87."
- "Connecticut, Church Record Abstracts, 1630–1920" (Ancestry image), North Haven, First Congregational, "Sackett, Joel & w. Lydia, their infant child, d. 30 Nov 1791. 2:87."
|Sackett line||2nd great-grandson of John Sackett of New Haven|
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
|Last Edited||16 Oct 2022|