|Father||Henry Sackett (c 1738-1774)|
John Eve, butcher and salesman, made his will at Grays ThurrockG on 10 September 1812. He appointed as executors his wife Henrietta, unmarried sister Anne Eve, and brother-in-law William Sackett. They were to sell his real estate, placing the proceeds in trust for the benefit of his wife and children. The will was proved on 10 January 1816.7
Date: 10 Sep 1812.
Proved: London, 10 Jan 1816.
Wife Henrietta, sister Anne Elizabeth Eve, & William Sackett of Orsett, farmer, appointed executors to set up trust from sale of freehold messuages, tenements & lands in parish of Grays Thurrock.
Wife, all household furniture, plate, linen, china. £100 pa from trust fund while unmarried, £30 pa if she remarries. £500 advance from trust fund if she enters into trade or business.
Refers to "such child or children as I may have living at the time of my decease" but does not name them. Wife to pay for maintenance of children from income of trust fund.
Executors to share residue of personal estate.
Executors: Wife Henrietta Eve, Sister Anne Elizabeth Eve spinster, William Sackett of Orsett, farmer.
Witnesses: Thomas Seabrook, Mark Summers, Thos Townsend.
Children of Henrietta Sackett and John Edwards Eve
Notes & Citations
- "Essex Baptisms" (Findmypast transcript), Baptisms Register, Hornchurch, St Andrew, Essex, "31 Mar 1768, Henrietta Sacket, father Henry Sacket, mother Martha."
- Burials Register, St Peter & St Paul, Grays Thurrock, Essex (Ancestry transcript), "21 May 1819, Henrietta Eve, 51."
- Marriage Licence Allegations, Faculty Office (Society of Genealogists), "16 January 1796 John Eve, bachelor, 21+, of Grays, Essex, & Henrietta Sackett, spinster, 21+, of St John's, Clerkenwell, Middlesex, at St John's, Clerkenwell, Middlesex."
- Marriages Register, St John the Baptist, Clerkenwell, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "18 January 1796 John Eve, of Grays in Esex, bachelor, and Henrietta Sackett, spr, by licence. Both signed. Witnesses: William Higgs, Alice Armstrong."
- Baptisms Register, St Peter & St Paul, Grays Thurrock, Essex (Ancestry transcript), "5 Dec 1772, John Edward Eve, father John Eve, mother Jane."
- Burials Register, St Peter & St Paul, Grays Thurrock, Essex (Ancestry transcript), "8 Nov 1815, John Edward Eve, 42."
- "England & Wales, Prerogative Court of Canterbury Wills, 1384-1858" (Ancestry image).
|Sackett line||Great-granddaughter of Richard Sackett of South Weald, Essex|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
|Last Edited||16 Sep 2023|