|Father||Erastus Sacket (1721-before 1797)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Leonard (1729/30-1816)|
There is conflicting evidence about Ozina's possible marriage. Sons of the American Revolution membership applications include a record for Elihu Johnson (1800-1883), son of Charles Johnson (no dates) and Ozina Sachett (no dates), and a similar record for Elihu Johnson (1800-83), son of "Charles Johnson (1769-1832) m. 1797 Ozinee Sackett (1769-1824)" appears in the Daughters of the American Revolution Lineage Book. Find A Grave lists a burial for Ozina Sackett Johnson at Maple Wood Cemetery, Boston, Erie County, New York, with no dates of birth or death. This record lists husband Charles Johnson and son Elihu Johnson, probably taken from the SAR and DAR records.
Ozina signed an agreement regarding the probate of her father's will on 2 May 1797. She was then unmarried.7
Child of Ozina Sacket and Charles Johnson
- Elihu Johnson b. 21 Dec 1800, d. 17 Sep 1883
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "631. Ozina Sacket, b. Jan 18, 1759."
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Birth and Death Records (Dougherty abstracts)", database, American Ancestors, "Sacket, Ozina, d. Erastus & Elizabeth (Leonard) b. June 18, 1759."
- "Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836", database, American Ancestors, "1759 Sacket, Ozina d. Erastus & ---, July 29."
- National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, Lineage Book, digital image, Ancestry.com, Member record 136687 of Mrs Florence Johnson Winn states ancestors "3. Elihu Johnson (1800-83) m. 1822 Anna Chafee (1804-61). 4. Charles Johnson (1769-1832) m. 1797 Ozinee Sackett (1769-1824). 5. Nathaniel Johnson m. 1765 Anna Johns (1740-1826)."
- "US Sons of the American Revolution membership applications", digital image, Ancestry.com, Application of George William Nichols, "great-grandson of Elihu Johnson (1800-1883) and Anna Chaffee (1804-61), great-great-grandson of Charles Johnson (no dates) and Ozina Sachett (no dates)."
- Rollin H Cooke, Pittsfield Families (Pittsfield, Massachusetts: Berkshire Athenaeum), 4:143, "Gunn, Gideon, m. 1799 (pub Oct 13 (TR)) to Zina Sackett."
- Rollin H Cooke, Pittsfield Families (Pittsfield, Massachusetts: Berkshire Athenaeum), 9:6–7, P.115. "Probate records [of will of Erastus Sackett] of May 2 1797, an agreement was signed by the children named below, Ozina being then unm." Children listed are the 8 surviving children of Erastus, including "2. Ozina, b. 1760, m. Gideon Gunn."
|Sackett line||5th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||19 Jun 2022|