|Father||Jesse Sacket (1716-1797)|
|Mother||Sarah Dewey (1710-1786)|
Salmon died intestate. An inventory made on 30 April 1788 valued his personal estate at some £60, including livestock (5 hogs, 2 cows, a calf, a heifer, and a yoke of oxen) at £20. His real estate comprising six acres of land, still subject to his mother Penelope's widow's dower, was valued on 9 April 1790 at £13. These sums would have been insufficient to meet claims of £91 against his estate, including medical and other expenses incurred "in his last sickness."13
Children of Rebecca Sacket and Salmon Carrington
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "627. Rebecca Sacket, b. June 10, 1746; m. M. S. Clarenton."
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Birth and Death Records (Dougherty abstracts)" (American Ancestors transcript), "Sacket, Rebekah, d. Jess & Sarah (Dewey) b. June 10, 1746 ."
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988" (Ancestry image), Westfield births, "10 Jun 1746, Rebeccah Sacket, dau of Joses Sacket & Sarah."
- Adelbert M Dewey, Life of George Dewey, Rear Admiral, U.S.N., and Dewey Family History, Dewey Publishing Company, Westfield, MA (1898), digital image, Ancestry.com, p 854, "Rebecca [d. Jesse Sackett and Sarah Dewey], b. June 10, 1746; m. —, S. Clarrenton."
- "Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836" (American Ancestors transcript), "1746 Sacket, Rebecca d. Jesse & Sarah, June 22."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, B:13.
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackett, Rebecka, of Westfield, m. Salmon Carrington, of New Milford, Nov. 8, 1771. New Milford Vital Records, LR12:2."
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Marriage Records (Dougherty abstracts)" (American Ancestors transcript), "Solomon Clarverton of New Milford and Rebecca Sacket of W; m. Nov. 6, 1771."
- This marriage was recorded in New Milford, CT, and in Westfield, MA. It is unclear where the marriage took place.
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, New Milford, CT, "Carrington, Salmon, s. Riverious & Pennellope, b. Dec 18, 1747."
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934" (Ancestry image), Center Cemetery, New Milford, "Carrington, Salmon, son of Dr. Riverius & Penelope, died Feb 15, 1788, age 40 yrs."
- "Connecticut Deaths and Burials Index, 1650–1934" (Ancestry transcript), "Carrington, Salmon, d. Connecticut, 15 Feb 1788, age 40, father Riverius, mother Penelope."
- "Connecticut, Wills and Probate Records, 1609–1999" (Ancestry image), New Milford Probate District, estate of Salmon Carrington, 1788, case 608.
|Sackett line||5th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||18 Jun 2022|