|Father||Thomas Sackett of Hopewell (say 1720-)|
|Mother||Sarah Haywood (say 1720-)|
Joseph was listed as a freeman of Fannett, Franklin County, PennsylvaniaG, in tax lists from 1779 to 1786.3
Joseph served in the American Revolutionary War in the 6th Battalion in Cumberland County, PennsylvaniaG, in 1780.4 In 1789 he was a taxpayer in Franklin, Franklin CountyG.5
In 1790 Joseph was living in Mifflin, Juniata County, PennsylvaniaG. In his household were one man, one boy, and two females.6 In 1800 he was a householder in Warrior's Mark, Huntingdon County, PennsylvaniaG.7
Children of Joseph Sackett and ___ ___
283. Joseph Sackett, son of (82) Thomas and Sarah L. Haywood Sackett, was a resident of Huntington County, Penn.
756. Isaac A. Sackett, b. Oct. 1, 1785, d. Feb. 1852; m. Eunice Davis.
757. David H. Sackett, b. 1772.
758. Azariah Sackett.
758a. Nancy Sackett.
758b. George Sackett, d. in Nov. 1827.
[Note: Jacobus, Families of Ancient New Haven, lists Isaac as a resident of Harpersville, NY, in 1806, and includes him as a son of Jonathan Sackett who died in 1798. Identification with Jonathan of Harpersville, NY, is more likely than with Joseph of Huntingdon County, PA.]
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "283. Joseph Sackett."
- Birth date estimate 1750, probably earlier, on basis that he had son David in 1772. According to birth order in Weygant, David may not have been oldest child.
- "Pennsylvania, U.S., Tax and Exoneration, 1768-1801" (Ancestry image), "Fannett, Cumberland County, 1779, freemen, Joseph Sackett, £3."; "Fannett, Cumberland County, 1781, freemen, Joseph Sacket, tax 35."; "Fannett, Cumberland County, 1782, freemen, Joseph Sackett, £2 18s 6d."; "Fannett, Franklin County, 1786, Joseph Sacket, state tax 2s 5d."
- "Pennsylvania, U.S., Veterans Card Files, 1775-1916" (Ancestry image), "Saccat, Joseph, Pvt, Cumberland County, unit 6th Bn, commander Capt Noah Abraham, Co Return, Frankstown, 1780, record proves active duty, active duty militia."
- "Pennsylvania, U.S., Tax and Exoneration, 1768-1801" (Ancestry image), "Franklin, Franklin County, 1789, Joseph Sacket, state tax 10d."
- 1790 United States census, Joseph Sackett. Mifflin, PA. 1 white male (16+), 1 white male under 16, and 2 white females.
- 1800 United States census, "Joseph Sacket, Warriorsmark, Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania, 1 male under 10, 1 male 10-15, 1 male 16-25, 1 male 45 and over, 1 female 10-15, 1 female 45 and over, total 6."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||Son of Thomas Sackett of Hopewell|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Thanet DNA chart 6
|Last Edited||11 Nov 2023|