|Father||Edward Sackett (c 1555-1628/29)|
|Mother||Alice ___ (say 1555-1594)|
Ellen was named as a beneficiary in her father's will made at St Lawrence in ThanetG on 20 October 1624.5 She was left a sum of £17.
Ellen was the executrix of her husband Valentine's will made in Tilmanstone on 1 May 1633. She was to inherit the residue of his estate after bequests of £50 each to their sons, Leonard and Valentine, and £20 each to their daughters, Susan, Mary, Alice, and Ellen.6 The overseer of Valentine's will, "cousin" Richard Sackett, was most likely Ellen's brother.
Ellen was named as a beneficiary in her brother Robert's will made at St John in ThanetG on 16 February 1660.4 She was to share equally with her three sisters an amount of £10 to be paid to them half-yearly by her son Leonard Austen who was the main beneficiary of his uncle Robert's will. Robert also left £6 to each of Ellen's six children.
Ellen's death/burial record has not been found, but she would have been about 75 at the date of her brother Robert's will.
Children of Ellen Sackett and Valentine Austen
- Susan Austen+ b. 28 Jan 1609/10, d. after 1670
- James Austen b. 1611, d. before 1633
- Leonard Austen4 b. 1613, d. between 17 Aug 1670 & 29 Sep 1670
- Valentine Austen b. 1616, d. Jul 1675
- Mary Austen b. 1616, d. after 1670
- Alice Austen b. say 1618, d. after 1670
- Ellen Austen b. say 1620, d. between 1660 & 1670
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "1 November 1585 Helen d. Edward Sacket."
- Marriages Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts, Society of Genealogists), "17/18 October 1608 Valentine Austen & Ellin Sacket."
- Will dated 1 May 1633, proved 23 May 1633.
- Will of Robert Sackett of St John in Thanet, Kent, 16 February 1660, proved at Canterbury Archdeaconry Court, 25 March 1664 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-72-94).
- Will of Edward Sackett of St Lawrence in Thanet, Kent, 20 October 1624, proved at Canterbury Archdeaconry Court, 21 February 1629 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-67-169).
- Frank Watt Tyler, "The Tyler Collection", Wills, Canterbury, Kent, digital image, Ancestry.com, Will of Valentine Austen, dated 1 May 1633, proved 23 May 1633.
|Sackett line||2nd great-granddaughter of William Sackett of St John in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
George Harman & Alice Amelia Willis relationship chart
|Last Edited||21 Sep 2019|