Myrtle Della Sackett
|Father||George Washington Sackett (1841-)|
|Mother||Mary Ann Wade (1841-1903)|
In 1880 Myrtle was living in Dexter, Washtenaw County, MichiganG, in the household of her parents George and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Myrtie Sackett, aged four and born in Michigan.8
In 1900 she was living at Ann Arbor Street, DexterG, in the household of B B Williams, and was recorded as Myrta Sackett, a servant, aged 23, single.9
In 1910 she was living at Cleveland Street, Battle Creek, Calhoun County, MichiganG, in the household of her husband Orson Goodrich, 32, a machinist in a foundry, and was recorded as Myrtle Goodrich, aged 29 [actually 33]. Also in the household was Myrtle's son Melvin, 17, described as her brother. Myrtle was also stated in the census to have had no children.10
In 1920 she was living at Beck Avenue, Akron, Summit County, OhioG, and was recorded as Myrtle Goodrich, aged 41 [actually 43]. She was living with her husband Orson, 42, a brass finisher, in the household of Edward C Oplinger.11
Child of Myrtle Della Sackett and Harry Hayes
- Lawrence Melvin Sackett+ b. 5 Oct 1893, d. 7 Apr 1951
Notes & Citations
- Marriage record.
- "Ohio Deaths, 1908–1953" (FamilySearch image), "Myrtle D Goodrich, 50y 1d, b. Dexter, MI, 30 Jun 1879, of 148 [sic] Ohio St., Wooster, married, housewife, d. Wooster, Wayne, Ohio, 1 Jul 1929, bur. Dexter, MI, 3 Jul 1929, father Geo Sackett b. PA, mother Mary Waid b. PA, spouse Orson Goodrich, informant Orson Goodrich, 138 [sic] Ohio St. Certificate 50003. Digital image 3239, film 1991907."
- The Evening Repository (Canton, Ohio), digital image, GenealogyBank, 2 Jul 1929, p 15, "Mrs. Myrtle Goodrich, 50, wife of Orson Goodrich, Wooster, died Monday from apoplexy sustained Saturday. Surviving are the husband and one brother, of Dexter, Michigan."
- Find a Grave.
- "Michigan, Marriage Records, 1867–1952" (Ancestry image), "5 Oct 1903, Dexter, Calhoun, Michigan, Myrtle Sackett, 26, of Dexter, Michigan, b. Michigan, housekeeper, father Geo Sackett, mother Mary Wade; to Orson Goodrich, 27, of Battle Creek, Michigan, b. Hudson, Michigan, machinist, father Ed Goodrich, mother Abina Kingman. By M B Milne, Minister. Witnesses: Winifred Miller of Ann Arbor, Warren Sackett of Dexter."
- 1880 United States census
FHL 1254609 NA T9-0609/299D
Dexter, Washtenaw, Michigan
Sackett, George, head, 38, carpenter, b. OH, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Sackett, Mary, wife, 38, keeping house, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. NY
Sackett, Rhoda, daughter, 13, at home, b. MI, father b. OH, mother b. PA
Sackett, Minnie B., daughter, 10, at home, b. MI, father b. OH, mother b. PA
Sackett, William H., son, 8, at home, b. MI, father b. OH, mother b. PA
Sackett, Myrtie, daughter, 4, at home, b. MI, father b. OH, mother b. PA
Sackett, John F., son, 2, at home, b. MI, father b. OH, mother b. PA.
- 1900 United States census
Page 1, Enumeration District 0103, FHL microfilm 1240746
Ann Arbor St, Village of Dexter, Scio, Washtenaw, Michigan
Sackett, Myrta, servant, b. Jun 1876, 23, single, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. PA.
[In household of B B Williams]
- 1910 United States census
Roll T624_640, p 2A, Enumeration District 0032, FHL microfilm 1374653
Cleveland Street, Battle Creek Ward 1, Calhoun, Michigan, 15/16 Apr 1910
Goodrich, Orson, head, 32, m1. 6y, machinist, foundry, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. MI, home rented
Goodrich, Myrtle, wife, 29, m1. 6y, no ch., b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. PA
Sackett, Melvin, brother-in-law, 17, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. PA.
- 1920 United States census
Roll T625_1438, p 8B, Enumeration District 153
Beck Ave, Akron Ward 3, Summit, Ohio, 8 Jan 1920
Goodrich, Orson, lodger, 42, brass finisher, brass co, b. MI, father b. VT, mother b. MI
Goodrich, Myrtle, lodger, 41, none, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. PA.
[In household of Edward C Oplinger]
|Sackett line||4th great-granddaughter of Captain Richard Sackett of New York|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||17 Dec 2021|