Philip Martin Sackett
|Father||Leroy Sylvester Sackett (1896-1956)|
|Mother||Lillian Quinn (c 1898-)|
In 1930 Philip was living at Locust Street, Harrison, Allegheny CountyG, in the household of his parents Leroy and Lillian, and was recorded in the census as Phillip Sackett, aged six and born in Pennsylvania.7
Philip served during the Second World War as a Corporal in the 49th Fighter Squadron, 14th Fighter Group, of the US Air Force, entering service on 18 August 1941 and being released on 9 July 1945.2,3
Philip completed a World War II draft registration card in 1945. He was aged 23 and was living in TarentumG.8
Child of Philip Martin Sackett and Marcella Stella Brassart
- Philip Martin Sackett Jr+ b. 2 May 1946, d. 25 Mar 2017
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
Notes & Citations
- Website Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com).
- "Pennsylvania, Veterans Burial Cards, 1777–1999", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Westm'd County. Sackett, Philip M, Sr, b. 12/18/1922, d. 5/29/1972, veteran of WW2, 13037815, Air Force, service 8/18/1941 to 7/9/1945, 49th Fighter Sq, 14th Fighter Group, rank Cpl, cemetery Greenwood Memorial Park, Lower Burrell, Pa, Westm'd, section U, lot D-103, grave 1, info from wife Mrs Ida Sackett, remarks Pd burial."
- "US Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File", database, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, Phillip, b. 18 Dec 1922, d. 29 May 1972, Army, enlisted 18 Aug 1941, released 9 Jul 1945."
- "Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Marriage Index, 1885–1951", database, Ancestry.com, "18 Jul 1945, Allegheny, PA, Philip M Sackett, 22, father Leroy Sackett, mother Lillian Quinn; and Marcella S Brassart, 20, father Marceau Brassart, mother Martha Plotchard."
- "California, Marriage Index, 1960–1985", digital image, Ancestry.com, "9 Dec 1964, Los Angeles, CA, Edward W Graham, 49, and Marcella S Sackett, 39."
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007", database, Ancestry.com, "Brassart, Marcella Stella, b. Coraopolis, PA, 20 Sep 1925, d. 16 Jan 1990, father Marcel Brassart, mother Martha M Plouchard. Listed May 1943 as Marcella Stella Brassart; Jul 1956 as Marcella Stella Sackett; 8 Dec 1974 as Marcella S Graham."
- 1930 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Page: 20A; Enumeration District: 0618; FHL microfilm: 2341698
Locust Street, Harrison, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, 22 Apr 1930
Sackett, Leroy, head, home rented $17 pm, 34, m. at 21, b. PA, father b. IN, mother b. England, grinder, steel mill
Sackett, Lillian, wife, 32, m. at 19, b. PA, father b. US, mother b. Northern Ireland
Sackett, Margret, dau, 11, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA
Sackett, David, son, 9, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA
Sackett, Ruth, dau, 7, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA
Sackett, Phillip, son, 6, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA
Sackett, Richard, son, 4 3/12, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA
Sackett, Lillian, dau, 2 7/12, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA.
- "U.S. WWII Draft Cards Young Men, 1940–1947", database, Ancestry.com, "Philip Martin Sackett, 23, b. Tarentum, PA, 18 Dec 1922, res. Tarentum, Allegheny, PA, wt 118, complexion light, eyes brown, hair brown, ht 5' 10", reg. Tarentum, 1945."
|Last Edited||30 November 2019|