Ernest H Neuman
|Father||Henry Neuman (-before 1899)|
|Mother||Diantha H Sackett (c 1838-)|
In 1870 Ernest was living in Detroit, MichiganG, in the household of his parents Henry and Diantha, and was recorded in the census as Ernest Newman, aged seven and born in Michigan.4
In 1880 he was living at Grand River Avenue, DetroitG, in the household of his parents Henry and Diantha, and was recorded as Ernest Newman, a laborer, aged 17.5
Ernest was listed in the Detroit City Directory of 1899. He was a painter living at Infantry Avenue, Detroit, MichiganG. His widowed mother Diantha was living with him.6
Child of Ernest H Neuman and Martha L Heiden
- Marguerite Marie Lillian Neuman b. 1904, d. 1997
Notes & Citations
- Death record.
- "Michigan death certificates 1921–1952" (FamilySearch transcript), "Newman, Ernest, d. 29 Nov 1941, at Waterford, Oakland County, MI, aged 79, widowed, b. Detroit, MI, 14 Mar 1862, father Henry Newman, mother Diantha Sackett."
- Email from Linda Tubergen to Chris Sackett, Apr 2018.
- 1870 United States census
Roll: M593_715; Page: 351B; Family History Library Film: 552214
Detroit Ward 9, Wayne County, Michigan, 27 Jul 1870
Newman, Henry, 35, laborer, b. NY
Newman, Diantha, 25, keeping house, b. MI
Newman, Frank, 9, b. MI
Newman, Ernst, 7, b. MI.
- 1880 United States census
Roll: 613; Page: 192C; Enumeration District: 300
Grand River Ave, Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, 15 Jun 1880
Newman, Henry, head, 49, wood cutter, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Newman, Dianta?, wife, 35, keeping house, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Newman, Frank, son, 19, spring turner, sick: chill fever, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. MI
Newman, Ernest, son, 17, laborer, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. MI.
- "US City Directories, 1822-1995" (Ancestry image), Detroit City Directory, 1899, p. 1127, "Newman Ernest H, painter, h w s Infantry av l s of Davis av."
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Captain Richard Sackett of New York|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||30 Apr 2018|