Richard Roman Sackett
|Father||Percy Hamilton Sackett (1883-1973)|
|Mother||Bessie Walteretta Roman (1884-1967)|
In 1910 Richard was living at Pearl Street, Joplin, Jasper County, MissouriG, in the household of his parents Percy and Bessie, and was recorded in the census as Richard R Sackett, aged six months and born in Arkansas.10
In 1920 he was living at Litchfield Avenue West, Willmar, Kandiyohi County, MinnesotaG, in the household of his parents Percy and Bessie, and was recorded as Richard R Sackett, aged ten.11
Richard was listed in the 1928 Minneapolis City Directory. He was an artist living with his parents at 3849 Pleasant Avenue, MinneapolisG.12
In 1930 he was living at Pleasant Avenue, MinneapolisG, in the household of his parents Percy and Bessie, and was recorded as Richard R Sackett, a sketch artist, aged 20.13
In 1938 Richard and his wife Loretta were living at 5035 Chowen Avenue South, MinneapolisG. He was an historian.12
In 1940 he was living at Shields Avenue, St Paul, Ramsey County, MinnesotaG, and was recorded as Richard Sackett, a researcher at the Historical Library, head of household, aged 30. His wife Loretta, 27, was living with him.14
(Src: Find a Grave, Erica Roxann)
Children of Richard Roman Sackett and Loretta Marjorie/Elizabeth Gille (excluding living)
- David Allen Sackett b. 14 Feb 1941, d. 26 Dec 2002
- Unnamed twin daughters Sackett b. 18 Sep 1948, d. 19 Sep 1948
Loretta Gille Is Bride.
A gown of while mousseline de soie was worn by Miss Loretta Marjorie Gille of St. Paul, at her marriage on Saturday evening to Mr. Richard Roman Sackett, son of Mr. and Mrs. P. H. Sackett of 3849 Pleasant avenue. The service was read at 8 o'clock at the Sackett home by the Rev. R. J. Berlis, assistant pastor at Westminster Presbyterian church. Ferns, palms and garden flowers formed the setting.
The bride completed her costume by a coronet in her hair and a bouquet of white roses, sweet peas and gladioli.
Mrs. William F. Miller, Jr., of St. Paul, was matron of honor, and Miss Lucille McLeer, also of St. Paul, bridesmaid. Both wore pale pink mousseline de soie and their flowers were pink sweet peas, roses and larkspur. Mr. Sackett was his son's best man.
A reception followed the ceremony. The bridegroom's mother wore yellow organdy with a shoulder bouquet of yellow roses. Mr. Sackett and his bride are going to Douglas Lodge in northern Minnesota on their wedding trip. For travel Mrs. Sackett is wearing a black and white ensemble. After September 1 the couple will be at home at 5035 Chowen avenue.
—Star Tribune, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 15 Aug 1937, p 48
Richard Sackett Dies at Age 54; Rites Saturday
Richard Roman Sackett, 54, of 1203 Jackson Ave., died early this morning in the Columbia Hospital.
He was born in Bentonville, Ariz., the son of P. A. Sackett and Bessie Roman Sackett.
Mr. Sackett was engaged in public relations.
Surviving are his widow, Mrs. Loretta Sackett; a daughter, Katherine S. Sackett and a son, David A. Sackett.
Funeral services will be held Saturday at 2:30 p.m. at the graveside in Elmwood Cemetery. The Rev. Joseph E. Sturtevant will officiate.
Active pallbearers will be Herbert Upchurch, Jack Keefer, Jim Madden, Ellis MacDougall, John Nash and Charles Wickenburg.
Friends may call at Paschal Funeral Home and the residence.
—The Columbia Record, Columbia, South Carolina, 17 Jan 1964, p 2
Services for Loretta M Gille Sackett, 81, will be private in Minnesota at a later date. Dunbar Funeral Home, Gervais Street Chapel, is in charge. Memorials may be made to the National Wildlife Federation.
Mrs Sackett, wife of the late Richard R. Sackett, died Monday, Sept. 27, 1993. Born in Minneapolis, she was the daughter of the late Hugh and Katherine Gille. She retired from the Department of Social Services and was a former member of the Pilot's Club.
Surviving are a son, David Sackett of Darlington; a daughter, Katherine McLeod of Columbia; and one grandchild.
—State, Columbia, South Carolina, 29 Sep 1993
Notes & Citations
- "Arkansas, Birth Certificates, 1914-1922" (Ancestry image), "Sackett, Richard Roman, b. Bentonville, Benton County, Arkansas, 21 Oct 1909, father Percy Hamilton Sackett of Bentonville, age 26, b. Brooklyn, NY, civil engineer, mother Bessie Walteretta Roman, of Bentonville, age 25, b. New York City, housewife, 1st child. Certificate signed 6 May 1942 by P H Sackett, 3849 Pleasant Ave, Minneapolis, Minn."
- "South Carolina, Death Records, 1821–1970" (Ancestry image), "Sackett, Richard Roman, d. Columbia Hospital, Richland County, SC, 17 Jan 1964, res. 1203 Jackson Ave, Columbia, b. Bentonville, Ark, 21 Oct 1909, occ. public relations, father P H Sackett, mother Bessie Roman, wife Loretta M Sackett, informant Loretta M Sackett, 1203 Jackson Ave, cause cardiac arrest, bur. Elmwood Cemetery, Columbia, 18 Jan 1964."
- Find a Grave.
- Star Tribune, Minneapolis, Minnesota (Newspapers.com image), 15 Aug 1937, p 48.
- Death record.
- "Minnesota Birth Index, 1900–1934" (Ancestry transcript), "Gille, Loretta, b. Ramsey, MN, 3 Sep 1912, mother Katherine."
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Loretta, b. St Paul, MN, 3 Sep 1912, d. 27 Sep 1993, father C F Gille, mother Katherine E Burdick. Listed May 1937 as Loretta Elizabeth Gille. Listed Nov 1954 as Loretta M Sackett. Listed 2 Oct 1993 as Loretta Sackett."
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "Loretta Sackett, b. Sep 3, 1912, d. Sep 27, 1993, SSN 474-01-7605 issued MN, residence Columbia, South Carolina, 29205, county Richland."
- State (Columbia, South Carolina), digital image, GenealogyBank.
- 1910 United States Federal Census
Roll: T624_790; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 0048; FHL microfilm: 1374802
Pearl St, Joplin, Jasper County, Missouri, 18 Apr 1910
Sackett, Percy H, head, 30, m. 1y, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, civil engineer, railroad
Sackett, Bessie W, wife, 25, m. 1y, 1 ch, living, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Sackett, Richard R, son, 6/12, b. AR, father b. NY, mother b. NY.
- 1920 United States Federal Census
Roll: T625_841; Page: 19B; Enumeration District: 82; Image: 799
Lichfield Ave W, Willmar, Kandiyohi, Minnesota, 16 Jan 1920
Sackett, Percy H, head, home rented, 37, married, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, secretary, implements factory
Sackett, Bessie W, wife, 35, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Sackett, Richard R, son, 10, b. AR, father b. NY, mother b. NY.
- "US City Directories, 1822-1995" (Ancestry image).
- 1930 United States Federal Census
Roll: 1100; Page: 9A; Enumeration District: 0253; Image: 89.0; FHL microfilm: 2340835
Pleasant Avenue, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota, 9 Apr 1930
Sackett, Percy H, head, home rented $65 pm, 47, m. at 26, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, district manager, Excavating Equipment Co
Sackett, Bessie W, wife, 45, m. at 24, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Sackett, Richard R, son, 20, single, b. AR, father b. NY, mother b. NY, sketch artist
Roman, Carrie, mother-in-law, 70, wid, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY.
- 1940 United States Federal Census
Roll m-t0627-02002, p 1B, ED 90-237
Shields Avenue, St Paul, Ramsey County, Minnesota, 2/3 Apr 1940
Sackett, Richard, head, 30, research, Historical Library, b. KS, home rented, $40
Sackett, Loretta, wife, 27, b. MN.
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||11 Oct 2023|