Mamie Lucille Sackett
|Father||Sidney Sackett (1858-1945)|
|Mother||Charlotta Albertina Paulina "Pauline" Sjöholm (1875-1958)|
In 1910 Mamie was living in Justice Precinct 1, Shackelford County, TexasG, in the household of her parents Sidney and Pauline, and was recorded in the census as Minnie L Sackett, aged nine and born in Texas.10
In 1930 she was living at East Pecan Street, Coleman, TexasG, and was recorded as Mame L Broadfoot, aged 29 and born in Texas. She was living with her husband Malcolm Broadfoot, a salesman, in the household of her parents Sidney and Pauline.11
Baytown — Services for Mamie Broadfoot, 90, of Baytown will be 4 p.m. today at Earthman Chapel in Baytown with Rev. P. Walter Henckell officiating.
Burial will be noon Monday in Gracehill Cemetery in Longview.
She died Thursday.
She was a former resident of Longview for 45 years and was assistant librarian at Nicholson Memorial Library. She was a founding member of Trinity Episcopal Church in Longview, a member of The Daughters of the King, Chi Omega Alumni, the Poetry Society of Longview and a Gray Lady with the American Red Cross.
Survivors include her daughter and son-in-law, Sidney and Don Faust of Baytown; grandchildren, Donna Stokes, Donald Faust and Tyson Faust; and extended family members, Faye Berry, Alice Lopez and Dora Grey.
Memorials may be made to SPCA and Trinity Episcopal Church, both in Longview.
—Longview News-Journal, Longview, Texas, 17 Feb 1991, p 38.
(Src: Find a Grave, Lanny Medlin)
Notes & Citations
- Death record.
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Broadfoot, Mamie Lucille, b. Coleman Cole, Texas, 24 Aug 1900, d. 14 Feb 1991, father Sidney Sackett, mother Pauline A Swjholm. 28 Aug 1972 listed as Mamie Lucille Broadfoot; 22 May 1998 listed as Mamie L Broadfoot."
- "Social Security Death Index" (Ancestry transcript), "Mamie L. Broadfoot, b. 24 Aug 1900, d. 14 Feb 1991, SSN 454-17-7287 issued TX, residence 77520, Baytown, Harris, Texas."
- "Texas, Death Index, 1903-2000" (Ancestry transcript), "Broadfoot, Mamie, d. Harris County, 14 Feb 1991."
- Find a Grave.
- "Texas, Select County Marriage Index, 1837–1965" (Ancestry transcript), "16 Oct 1924, Taylor, Texas, Mamie L Lackett [sic] & Malcolm G Broadfoot."
- "Texas, Death Certificates, 1903-1982" (Ancestry image), "Broadfoot, Malcolm G, d. Good Shepherd Hospital, Longview, Gregg County, Texas, 15 Mar 1973, res. 1815 Bell St, Longview, retired carpet manager for Sears, b. Texas, 16 Mar 1898, WWI vet, father W G Broadfoot, informant Mrs Mamie Broadfoot, wife, cause cerebrovascular accident, bur. Grace Hill Cemetery, LLongview, 16 Mar 1973."
- 1910 United States census
Roll T624_1586, p. 7A, Enumeration District 0238, FHL microfilm 1375599
Justice Precinct 1, Shackelford County, Texas, Apr 1910
Sackett, Sidney O, head, 52, m1. 11y, immigrated 1876, keeper, hotel, home owned free of mortgage, b. England, father b. Eng, mother b. Eng
Sackett, Pauline A, wife, 32, m1. 11y, 1 ch, living, b. Sweden, immigrated 1888, father b. Sweden, mother b. Sweden
Sackett, Minnie L, dau, 9, b. TX, father b. Eng, mother b. Sweden
Burns, Nathan H, boarder, 65, wd, president, feed mill, b. CT, father b. CT, mother b. CT
Perry, Elva, sister-in-law, 22, single, own income, b. Sweden, immigrated 1888, father b. Sweden, mother b. Sweden.
- 1930 United States census
Roll 2308, p. 17B, Enumeration District 0001, Image 635.0, FHL microfilm 2342042
E Pecan, Coleman, Coleman County, Texas, 12 Apr 1930
Sackett, Sidney, head, home rented $65 pm, age 72, m. at 40, salesman, typewriters, b. England, father b. Eng, mother b. Eng
Sackett, Laurine, wife, 52, m. at 20, b. Sweden, immigrated 1892, father b. Sweden, mother b. Sweden
Broadfoot, Malcom G, son-in-law, 52 [sic], m. at 25, salesman, hardware, b. TX, father b. MS, mother b. MS
Broadfoot, Mame L, dau, 29, m. at 20, b. TX, father b. Eng, mother b. Sweden
Navis, Elva K, lodger, 22, single, house keeper, homes, b. TX, father b. TX, mother b. TX
Harnson, Russel F, lodger, 18, single, salesman, store, b. TX, father b. GA, mother b. TX.
|Sackett line||4th great-granddaughter of Richard Sackett of South Weald, Essex|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
|Last Edited||8 Nov 2022|