In 1790 Jonathan was living in Milford, New Haven County, ConnecticutG. He was living on his own.5
Who was Jonathan Sacket?
The parents of Jonathan Sacket who married Lucinda Plumb have not been identified, nor have birth or death records been found.
Families of Early Milford, Connecticut6 states that he was the Jonathan Sackett who died in Milford in 1849. However, further research shows that that Jonathan Sackett moved to Milford from Newtown, Queens County, New York, sometime between 1810 and 1820, and therefore after the marriage in Milford of Jonathan and Lucinda and after the birth of their children. (See research paper Who were the parents of Gad/James Sackett?).
DNA test results of a known descendant of Gad/James Sackett (See New Haven DNA chart 2), now identified as a son of Jonathan, indicate that Jonathan and Gad/James were descendants in the John Sackett of New Haven line. This suggests that Jonathan was probably born locally.
A current hypothesis is that Jonathan may have been the unnamed illegitimate child born in New Haven in 1766 to another Jonathan Sackett and Mary Ford.
This older Jonathan, who died in New Haven in 1798, was a descendant in the New Haven line. He is recorded to have married (his wife’s name is not known) and to have had seven children from about 1767. His wife would not have been Mary Ford as she married a John Russell in 1771.
Children of Jonathan Sacket and Lucinda Plumb
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
New Haven DNA chart 2
Notes & Citations
- "Connecticut, Church Record Abstracts, 1630–1920", digital image, Ancestry.com, 71:315, Milford, Connecticut, "Sacket, Jonathan, m. Lucinda Plumb, June 25, 1802, vol. 1, p. 72."
- "Connecticut, Births and Christenings, 1649–1906", database, FamilySearch, "Lucinday [sic] Plumb, b. Milford Twp, New Haven, CT, 22 Jul 1785, dau John Plumb & Elizabeth.”.
- Milford families by Nathan G Pond, 1832-1894. Microfilm of typescript at the New Haven Colony Historical Society in New Haven, Connecticut, 203, "Lucinda Plumb, born July 22, 1785 married Jonathan Sackett, June 25, 1802."
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934", digital image, Ancestry.com, 9:403, Columbian Register, 16 Dec 1843, "Sackett, Lucinda, Fairhaven, age 55."
28:1051, Hartford Courant, 16 Dec 1843, "Sackett, Mrs Lucinda, Fair Haven, died 4 Dec, age 55."
14:620, Connecticut Herald (Hartford), 9 Dec 1843, "Sacket, Mrs Lucinda, Fair Haven, native of Milford, died 4 Dec 1843, age 55.”.
- 1790 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Jonathan Sacket. Milford, New Haven, CT. 1 white male (16+).
- Susan Woodruff Abbott, Families of Early Milford, Connecticut, Genealogical Publishing Co Inc, Baltimore (1979), 631-2, “Jonathan Sackett was born ca 1764 and died Milford 18 May 1849 ae 85, “New Haven Daily Register” says he was a Revolutionary War soldier and died in Milford. He married 25 June 1802 (MC1) Lucinda Plumb dau of John Still Plumb.”.
|Last Edited||30 December 2019|