William B Sackett
|Father||Edwin Gilbert Sackett (1848-)|
|Mother||Anna "Annie" Dawson (1866-)|
In 1910 William was living in Crescent City, Putnam County, FloridaG, in the household of his parents Edwin and Annie, and was recorded in the census as William B Sackett, aged nine and born in Florida.8
In 1920 he was living at Cedar Avenue, Crescent City, Putnam County, FloridaG, in the household of his parents Edwin and Annie, and was recorded as William B Sackett, fisherman, aged 18.9
In 1930 he was living at Fort Clark, Kinney County, TexasG, and was recorded as William B Sackett, a US Army soldier, head of household, aged 29 and born in Florida. Living with him were his wife Marie, 30, and their children, Helen, 10, and James, aged eight. Also in the household was Marie's widowed mother Antonia De Gress, aged 65.10
Children of William B Sackett and Marie M Menchaca
Notes & Citations
- There is doubt about William’s year of birth. His death certificate states 27 Dec 1899; an application for a veteran’s headstone stated 27 Dec 1901, but “1901” was deleted and “1898” written; the headstone has 1898; ages in census records indicate 1900, 1901, 1900, 1900. He was not listed in his parents' household in the 1900 census.
- "Texas, Death Certificates, 1903-1982" (Ancestry image), "William B Sackett, d. Brackettville, Kinney, Texas, 12 Jul 1950, b. Florida 27 Dec 1899, age 50-6-15, res Spring Street, Brackettville, married, bar-tender, father Edwin Sackett b. Florida, mother Anna Dawson b. unk., served armed forces 1920–1944, informant Mrs Marie M Sackett, cause coronary occlusion, burial Catholic Cemetery, Brackettville, 15 Jul 1950."
- "US, Headstone Applications for Military Veterans, 1925–1970" (Ancestry image), "Sackett, William B, b. 27 Dec 1901 ["1901" deleted and "1898" written] d. 12 Jul 1950, bur Brackettville Catholic Cemetery, enlisted 20 Sep 1920, serial 6324006, discharged 13 Dec 1944, rank Sgt (Ret), Medical Department. Applicant: Marie M Sackett, 20 Jul 1950, of Box 152, Spring St, Brackettville, Texas."
- Death record.
- "Texas, Death Certificates, 1903-1982" (Ancestry image), "Marie M Sackett, d. 22 Feb 1979, at US Darnall Army Hospital, Fort Hood, Bell County, Texas, res. 402 East Hallmark, Killeen, Bell County, widow, b. Texas, 9 Oct 1897, age 81, occ. Civil Service, Army, father Felipe Menchaca, mother Ladislada Garza, SS no 459 34 1941, informant James Sackett, cause cardiopulmonary arrest due to metastatic squamous cell carcinoma, burial 24 Feb 1979, Killeen City Cemetery, Crawford Bowers Funeral Home."
- 1910 United States Federal Census
Roll T624_166, p. 8B, Enumeration District 0127, FHL microfilm 1374179
Crescent City, Putnam County, Florida, 29 Apr 1910
Sackett, Edward J, head, 62, m2, 18y, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, drayman
Sackett, Annie, wife, 49, m2, 18y, 9 ch, all living, b. NY, father b. England, mother b. England
Sackett, Anne M, dau, 17, b. FL, father b. MA, mother b. NY
Sackett, Charles E, son, 15, b. FL, father b. MA, mother b. NY, fishman, camp
Sackett, Alice O?, dau, 13, b. FL, father b. MA, mother b. NY
Sackett, William B, son, 9, b. FL, father b. MA, mother b. NY
Sackett, Marie E, dau, 6, b. FL, father b. MA, mother b. NY
Sackett, Cornelius, son, 4, b. FL, father b. MA, mother b. NY.
- 1920 United States Federal Census
1920 Census; Precinct 1, Crescent City, Putnam County, Florida
SD No. 4; ED No. 145; sheet No. 6A; 10-12 January, 1920
Roll: T625_228; Image 271
Fm, Cedar Ave.
Sackett, Edwin G., Head, M, W, 71, M, Massachusetts, Massachusetts, Massachusetts, Farmer Grocer
Sackett, Annie, Wife, F, W, 55, Ney York, England, England, None
Sackett, Charles E., Son, M, W, 24, S, Florida, Massachusetts, New York, Fisherman Fishery
Sackett, William B., Son, M, W, 18, S, Florida, Massachusetts, New York, Fisherman Fishery
Sackett, Mary E., Daughter, F, W, 16, S, Florida, Massachusetts, New York, None
Sackett, Cornelus D., Son, M, W, 14, S, Florida, Massachusetts, New York, None.
- 1930 United States Federal Census
Roll 2367, p. 6B, Enumeration District 0003, Image 666.0, FHL microfilm 2342101
Fort Clark, Kinney Countyy, Texas, 8/9 Apr 1930
Sackett, William B, head, 29, m. at 20, b. FL, father b. N Ireland, mother b. England, soldier, US Army
Sackett, Marie, wife, 30, m. at 19, b. TX, father b. TX, mother b. TX
Sackett, Helen, dau, 10, b. TX, father b. FL, mother b. TX
Sackett, James, son, 8, b. TX, father b. FL, mother b. TX
De Gress, Antonia, mother-in-law, 65, wid, m. at 27, b. TX, father b. Mexico, mother b. Mexico.
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||30 Nov 2016|