|Father||Nathan Culver Sackett (c 1843-1926)|
|Mother||Margaret A Hamrick|
In 1900 Oscar was living in Cloverdale, Putnam County, IndianaG, in the household of his parents Nathan and Margaret, and was recorded in the census as Oscar Sackett, single, aged 26 and born in Indiana.4
In 1910 he was living in Cloverdale, Putnam CountyG, and was recorded as Oscar Sacket, a miller, head of household, aged 36 and born in Indiana. His house was rented. Living with him were his wife Anna, 35, and their son Leon, aged three.5
Oscar completed a World War I draft registration card on 12 September 1918. He was then aged 45, a laborer, living in Cloverdale, and his nearest relative was his wife Anna.6
Child of Oscar Sackett and Anna Bell Sears
- Leon C Sackett b. c 1907
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Thurmon King's database, 7679 Oscar L Sackett.
- 1900 United States Federal Census
Roll 399, p. 6B, FHL microfilm 1240399
Cloverdale, Putnam, Indiana
Sackett, Nathan C, head, b. Dec 1841, 58, m. 29y, b. IN, father b. NY, mother b. NY, occ: blank
Sackett, Margret A, wife, b. Feb 1847, 53, m. 29y, 8 ch, 7 living, b. IN, father b. In, mother b. IN
Sackett, Oscar, son, b. Jan 1874, 26, single, b. IN, father b. IN, mother b. IN
Sackett, Jesse, son, b. Aug 1876, 23, single, b. IN, father b. IN, mother b. IN
Sackett, Birch, son, b. Jun 1883, 16, b. IN, father b. IN, mother b. IN, at school
Sackett, Gladys, dau, b. Aug 1886, 13, b. IN, father b. IN, mother b. IN, at school.
- 1910 United States Federal Census
T624_375, p. 8B, FHL microfilm 1374388
Cloverdale Township, Putnam, Indiana
Sacket, Oscar, head, 36, m1, 10y, b. IN, father b. US, mother b. US, miller, flouring mill, worker, house rented
Sacket, Anna, wife, 35, m2, 10y, 1 ch, living, b. IN, father b. KY, mother b. IL
Sacket, Leon, son, 3, b. IN, father b. US, mother b. IN.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918" (Ancestry image), Indiana, Putnam, Roll 1653185, Draft Board 3, "Serial no. 1061, order no. 1285, Oscar Sackett, of Cloverdale, Putnam, Ind, age 45, b. 8 Jan 1873, white, native born, laborer, employer: J W? Ora...?, Cloverdale, nok: Anna Sackett wife, Cloverdale. Registrant: tall, stout, brown eyes, brown hair, no disabilities. Reg 12 Sep 1918."
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||22 Dec 2013|