John Benjamin Miller
|Father||John Miller (c 1861-)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Sarah "Bessie" Sackett (1861-1946)|
In 1891 John was living at 149 Brayard Road, Peckham, Peckham, LondonG, in the household of his parents John and Elizabeth, and was recorded in the census as John B Miller, aged four and born in Peckham.5
In 1901 he was living at 149 Brayard Road, PeckhamG, in the household of his parents John and Elizabeth, and was recorded as John B Miller, aged 14 and born in Peckham.6
John served on the Western Front in France in the First World War as a sergeant in the 9th Battalion East Surrey Regiment. He was killed in action on 16 October 1918.
John Benjamin Miller's army papers7.
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Descendants of Benjamin Sackett|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1886. Miller, John Benjamin. Mother: Sackett. Camberwell. 1d:900."
- "UK, Soldiers Died in the Great War, 1914–1919", database, Ancestry.com, "John Benjamin Miller, of Peckham, Surrey, d. 16 Oct 1918, at France & Flanders, enlisted Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey, rank Sergeant, East Surrey regiment, 9th Battalion, number 203423, killed in action, Western European Theatre."
- Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (www.greatwar.nl), "Miller, John Benjamin, Sergeant, 203423, d. 16 Oct 1918, aged 32, East Surrey Regiment, grave III.A.18, Romeries Communal Cemetery Extension."
- 1891 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 475, folio 124, p. 11, GSU roll 6095585
149 Brayard Road, Peckham, Camberwell, London
John Miller, head, married, 29, grocer & provision dealer, b. London, St Georges East
Elizabeth S Miller, wife, 30, b. Kent, Hythe
John B Miller, son, 4, b. Surrey, Peckham
Augustus L Miller, son, 6 mo, b. Surrey, Peckham
Eliza Miller, mother, wid, 73, living on her own means, b. Surrey, Thursley.
- 1901 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG13, piece 506, folio 38, p. 11
149 Brayard Rd, Peckham, Camberwell, London
John Miller, head, married, 39, grocer & shopkeeper, own account, b. London, St George East
Elizabeth S Miller, wife, 40, b. Kent, Hythe
John B Miller, son, 14, b. London, Peckham
Augustus L Miller, son, 10, b. London, Peckham
Thomas E S Miller, son, 6, b. London, Peckham.
- "British Army WW1 Service Records, 1914–1920", digital image, Ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||26 January 2017|