John Benjamin Miller
|Father||John Miller (c 1861-)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Sarah "Bessie" Sackett (1861-1946)|
In 1891 John was living at 149 Brayard Road, Peckham, Peckham, LondonG, in the household of his parents John and Elizabeth, and was recorded in the census as John B Miller, aged four and born in Peckham.5
In 1901 he was living at 149 Brayard Road, PeckhamG, in the household of his parents John and Elizabeth, and was recorded as John B Miller, aged 14 and born in Peckham.6
John served on the Western Front in France in the First World War as a sergeant in the 9th Battalion East Surrey Regiment. He was killed in action on 16 October 1918.
John Benjamin Miller's army papers7.
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Descendants of Benjamin Sackett|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1886. Miller, John Benjamin. Mother: Sackett. Camberwell. 1d:900."
- "UK, Soldiers Died in the Great War, 1914–1919", database, Ancestry.com, "John Benjamin Miller, of Peckham, Surrey, d. 16 Oct 1918, at France & Flanders, enlisted Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey, rank Sergeant, East Surrey regiment, 9th Battalion, number 203423, killed in action, Western European Theatre."
- Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (www.greatwar.nl), "Miller, John Benjamin, Sergeant, 203423, d. 16 Oct 1918, aged 32, East Surrey Regiment, grave III.A.18, Romeries Communal Cemetery Extension."
- 1891 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 475, folio 124, p. 11, GSU roll 6095585
149 Brayard Road, Peckham, Camberwell, London
John Miller, head, married, 29, grocer & provision dealer, b. London, St Georges East
Elizabeth S Miller, wife, 30, b. Kent, Hythe
John B Miller, son, 4, b. Surrey, Peckham
Augustus L Miller, son, 6 mo, b. Surrey, Peckham
Eliza Miller, mother, wid, 73, living on her own means, b. Surrey, Thursley.
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG13, piece 506, folio 38, p. 11
149 Brayard Rd, Peckham, Camberwell, London
John Miller, head, married, 39, grocer & shopkeeper, own account, b. London, St George East
Elizabeth S Miller, wife, 40, b. Kent, Hythe
John B Miller, son, 14, b. London, Peckham
Augustus L Miller, son, 10, b. London, Peckham
Thomas E S Miller, son, 6, b. London, Peckham.
- "British Army WW1 Service Records, 1914–1920", digital image, Ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||26 Jan 2017|