Mary Jane Sackett
|Father||Richard Henry Sackett (1813-1872)|
|Mother||Sarah Ann Kemp (c 1816-1889)|
In 1861 Mary was living at 200 Lower Street, Deal, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Mary J Sackett, a servant in the household of John Noble, a fruiterer, and his wife Elizabeth. Mary was unmarried, aged 19, and born in Deal, Kent.5
In 1881 Mary was living at 188 Middle Street, Deal, KentG, in the household of her husband William, a pork butcher, aged 41, and was recorded in the census as Mary A Brooksby, aged 39 and born in Canterbury, Kent. Living with them were their children, Mary A (14), and Gail H (12), both born in Deal.6
Child of Mary Jane Sackett
- Frederick William Sackett b. 1864
Children of Mary Jane Sackett and William Brooksby
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Sep qtr 1843. Sackett, Mary Jane. Mother: Kemp. Eastry. 5:132."
- Baptisms Register, St Leonard's, Deal, Kent (Transcript), "17 September 1843 Mary Jane Sackett d. Richard Henry & Sarah Ann, Princes St., tinman."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Mar qtr 1866. Sackett, Mary. Eastry. 2a:929."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Mar qtr 1866. Brooksby, William. Eastry. 2a:929."
- 1861 England census
200 Lower Street, Deal, Kent
John Noble, head, married, 38, fruiterer, b. Deal, Kent
Elizabeth Noble, wife, 42, b. Appledore, Kent
Mary J Sackett, serv., unm., 19, b. Deal.
- 1881 England census
FHL 1341237, PRO RG11/0997/85/26
188 Middle St
William Brooksby, head, married, 41, b. Deal, Kent, pork butcher employ 1 Boy
Mary A. Brooksby, wife, 39, b. Canterbury, Kent
Mary A. Brooksby, dau, 14, b. Deal, Kent, scholar
Gail H. Brooksby, dau, 12, b. Deal, Kent, scholar.
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||26 Nov 2016|