George Henry Sackett
|Father||John Henry Sackett (1804-)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Catherine Meinert (1807-)|
In 1841 George was living at 10 James Place, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, SurreyG, in the household of his parents John and Elizabeth, and was recorded in the census as George Sacket, aged 11 and born in Surrey.4
In 1851 he was living at 14 Moreton Terrace, Rotherhithe, SurreyG, in the household of his parents John and Elizabeth, and was recorded as George Sackett, a barge builder, aged 20 and born in Bermondsey.5
George enlisted for ten years in the Royal Navy, serving from 3 February 1862 as a caulker on HMS Mars.6
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, Surrey, "20 June 1830 George Henry s. John Henry & Elizabeth Catherine Sackett, shipwright, Providence Place, b. 29 April."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1880. Sackett, George, 59. Islington."
- Burials register, Islington Cemetery, London (deceasedonline.com), "27 Aug 1880, George Sackett."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 10 James Place, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, Surrey
John Sacket, 37, shipwright, b. Surrey
Elizabeth Sacket, 33, b. Surrey
Mary Sacket, 13, b. Surrey
George Sacket, 11, b. Surrey
Emma Sacket, 7, b. Surrey
Elizabeth Sacket, 4, b. not Surrey
Eliza Sacket, 4 Mo, b. Surrey
HO107; Piece 1048; Book: 3; Civil Parish: St Mary Magdalen Bermondsey; County: Surrey; Enumeration District: 7; Folio: 25; Page: 3; Line: 9; GSU roll: 474649.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 14 Moreton Ter., Rotherhithe, Surrey
John Sackett, head, married, 47, barge builder, b. Surrey, Rotherhithe
Elizabeth Sackett, wife, 43, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
George Sackett, son, 20, barge builder, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Maria Sackett, dau, 23, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Emma Sackett, dau, 17, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 13, b. Kent, Deptford
Eliza Sackett, dau, 10, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Amelia Sackett, dau, 6, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Chas. Sackett, son, 4, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
- "UK, Royal Navy Registers of Seamen's Services, 1853–1928", digital image, Ancestry.com, "George Hy Sackett, caulker, first ship Mars, service started 3 Feb 1862, 10 yrs."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||22 Nov 2016|