Mary Bird Sackett
|Father||Henry Sackett (1806-1851)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Mary Elgar (1808-1873)|
In 1851 Mary was living at Elgar House, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Mary B Sackett, unmarried, aged 21, born at St. Lawrence, and was living in the household of her grandparents, Thomas & Mary Elgar, together with her sister Margret and great-grandmother Mary Bird.6
In 1861 she was living at 6 Royal Crescent, Ramsgate, KentG, and was recorded as Mary B Sackett, aged 36?, born in Ramsgate, and living with her husband Henry D Sackett, a house decorator, aged 33, and also born in Ramsgate. Also in the household were Henry's parents Thomas and Maria Sackett, a cousin Ann Digerson, and a female servant.7
In 1871 she was living at 21 Liverpool Lawn, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of her husband Henry, and was recorded as Mary B Sackett, aged 42 and born in Ramsgate. Living with them were their sons, Thomas (8) and Arthur (5.)8
Mary was appointed administrator of the estate of her mother Elizabeth Mary Elgar by letters of administration granted at the Principal Probate Registry, LondonG, on 14 March 1883.9
In 1891 she was living at 23 Liverpool Lawn, RamsgateG, in the household of her husband Henry D Sackett, 62, a house decorator, and was recorded as Mary Sackett, aged 61 and born in Ramsgate. Living with them was their unmarried son Arthur, 25.10
In 1901 she was living at Terncot, Ellington Road, RamsgateG, in the household of her son Arthur and daughter-in-law Florence, and was recorded as Mary A Sackett, a widow of 71, living on her own means, born in Ramsgate.11
Children of Mary Bird Sackett and Henry Digerson Sackett
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Lawrence in Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "28 December 1828 Mary Bird d. Henry, tailor of St Lawrence, & Elizabeth Mary Sackett."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Jun qtr 1905. Sackett, Mary Bird, 74. Thanet."
- Marriages Register, St Lawrence in Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts; Society of Genealogists), "30 April 1859 Henry Digerson Sackett, full age, bachelor, house decorator, of St Lawrence, & Mary Bird Sackett, full age, spinster, of St Lawrence. Both signed. Banns. Fathers: Thomas Sackett, lodging house keeper; Henry Sackett, house decorator. Witnesses: Thomas Elgar, Thomas? Digerson."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1859. Sackett, Mary Bird. Thanet."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1859. Sackett, Henry Digerson. Thanet."
- 1851 England census
Elgar House, St. Lawrence, Kent
Thomas Elgar, head, married, 68, builder, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Mary Elgar, wife, 66, b. Kent, Hearne
Mary B. Sackett, g-dau, unmarried, 21, b. Kent, St. Lawrence
Margret Sackett, g-dau, unmarried, 18, scholar, b. Kent, St. Lawrence
Mary Bird, mother-in-law, widow, 90, b. Kent, Hearne
Jane Tatnell, visitor, unmarried, 63, annuitant, b. Kent, Minster
- 1861 England census
6 Royal Crescent, Ramsgate, Kent
Henry D Sackett, head, married, 33, house decorator, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Mary B Sackett, wife, 36?, b. Ramsgate
Thomas Sackett, father, married, 57, b. Ramsgate
Maria Sackett, mother, married, 56, b. Ramsgate
Ann Digerson, cousin, unm., 24, b. Deal, Kent
Francis Carr, servant, unm., 17, b. Littlestone.
- 1871 England census
21 Liverpool Lawn, Ramsgate, Kent
Henry D Sackett, head, married, 41, master painter & hse. dec. empl. 2 men & 1 apprentice, b. Ramsgate
Mary B Sackett, wife, 42, b. Ramsgate
Thomas D Sackett, son, 8, b. Ramsgate
Arthur D Sackett, son, 5, b. Ramsgate.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett Elizabeth Mary. Personal estate £80. 14 March . Administration of the Personal Estate of Elizabeth Mary Sackett late of Piermont in the County of Rockland in the State of New York in the United States of America Widow who died 11 May 1873 at Piermont was granted at the Principal Registry to Mary Bird Sackett (Wife of Henry Digerson Sackett) of 23 Liverpool-lawn Ramsgate in the County of Kent the Daughter and one of the Next of Kin."
- 1891 England census
RG12, piece 731, folio 129, p. 20, GSU roll 6095841
23 Liverpool Lawn, Ramsgate (Christchurch), Kent
Henry D Sackett, head, married, 62, house decorator, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Mary Sackett, wife, 61, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Arthur D Sackett, son, single, 25, employed on stone, b. Kent, Ramsgate.
- 1901 England census
Terncot, Ellington Road, Ramsgate (Christchurch) (5+ rooms)
Arthur D SACKETT, head, married, 36, monumental mason, employer, b. Ramsgate
Florence SACKETT, wife, 27, b. Ramsgate
Arthur D SACKETT, son, 1, b. Ramsgate
Mary A SACKETT, mother, widow, 71, living on own means, b. Ramsgate.
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English) (#1)|
Line 3 (English) (#2)
Arthur Digerson Sackett & Florence Sackett relationship chart
Henry Digerson Sackett & Mary Bird Sackett relationship chart
|Last Edited||24 Nov 2016|