James William Jarman
|Father||James Jarman (say 1775-1845)|
|Mother||Harriet Sackett (1780-)|
In 1851 James was living at 13 Alfred Cottages, Ramsgate, KentG, and was recorded in the census as James W Jarman, bricklayer & plasterer, head of household, married, aged 47 and born in Ramsgate. Living with him were his wife Mary, 51, children, Richard, 19, William, 14, and Thomas, 12, and grandson Alfred J Jarman, aged two.5
Children of James William Jarman and Mary Kirby
- Elizabeth Mary Jarman b. 1826
- Harriet Sackett Jarman b. 1828
- Richard James Jarman b. 1831
- Eliza F. Jarman b. 1834
- William Sackett Jarman+ b. 1836, d. after 1894
- Thomas Isaac Jarman b. Jun 1838
- Ellen Rosina Jarman b. c Oct 1841, d. between Jan 1845 & Mar 1845
Notes & Citations
- Adel Firth-Mason's database, citing IGI.
- Baptisms Register, St Lawrence the Martyr, Thanet, Kent (England Births and Christenings, LDS FamilySearch), "10 July 1803 James William Jarman s. James Jarman & Harriet."
- Adel Firth-Mason's database, citing FreeBMD, June qtr 1886.
- 1851 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, HO107, piece 1630, folio 317, p 13, GSU roll 19353113
Alfred Cottages, St George, Ramsgate, Kent
James W Jarman, head, married, 47, bricklayer & plasterer, b. Ramsgate
Mary Jarman, wife, 51, b. Kent, Herne
Richard J Jarman, son, unm, 19, bricklayer, b. Kent, Herne
William S Jarman, son, 14, grocer's boy, b. Kent, Herne
Thomas J Jarman, son, 12, butcher's boy, b. Kent, Herne
Alfred J Jarman, gson, 2, b. Kent, Minster.
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||9 Feb 2013|