Hale Bertram Sackett
|Father||James Parker Sackett (1847-1922)|
|Mother||Mary A Warner (1846-)|
(Src: Alice Sackett)
James Parker Sackett gallery
In 1900 Hale was living at Vermontville Township, Eaton County, MichiganG, and was recorded in the census as Hale B Sackett, at school, aged seven, and born July 1892 in Michigan.5
Hale completed a World War I draft registration card on 5 June 1917. He was then aged 25 and was a farmer, living at Stuart, Martin County, FloridaG. He served as an army medic during the First World War.6,7
Child of Hale Bertram Sackett and Laura F Church
- Roger Warner Sackett+ b. 12 Apr 1914, d. 1 Oct 2012
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- National Archives, "World War I draft registration cards" (Ancestry image), Registration Location: Palm Beach County, Florida; Roll: 1556935; Draft Board: 0, "Hale Bertram Sackett, 25, b. 26 July 1892 Vermontville, Mich, farmer, of Stuart, Fla, employed by P P Scott, draft dated 5 June 1917."
- Website Michigan Marriages 1868–1925 (Family Search) (http://pilot.familysearch.org/), film 2342701, digital GS number 4209234, image 533, ref v 3 p 109 rn 12386, "Hale B. Sackett, 21, clerk, b. Vermontville, M., (s. James Sackett & Mary A Warner) and Laura F. Church, 25, school teacher, b. Vermontville, M., (d. H Church & Nellie Dickenson), m. 24 Sep 1913, at Grand Rapids, Kent, Michigan. Witnesses: James Sackett, Mary E Sackett."
- Thurmon King's database.
- 1900 United States census
roll T623_709, p 1A, Enumeration District 79,
"Sackett, James L, head, 52, b. Aug 1847, m. 30y, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. Scotland, farm laborer
Sackett, Mary A, wife, 53, b. Sep 1846, m. 30y, 5 ch. 3 living, b. MI, father b. VT, mother b. Canada Eng [?]
Sackett, Hale B, son, 7, b. Jul 1892, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. MI, at school."
- Email from Alice Sackett to Chris Sackett, February 2009.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918" (FamilySearch image), Florida, Palm Beach. Roll 1556935.
"No 46/46, Hale Bertran Sackett, age 25, of Stuart, FL, b. 26 Jul 1892, b. Vermontville, Michigan, Natural-born citizen, Farmer, emplr P.P. Scott, at Stuart, Fla, No dependents, Married, Caucasian, exemption claimed No. Height short, Build Medium, Eyes Brown, Hair D. Brown, Bald No, Disabled No. Reg Palm Beach, FL, 5 Jun 1917."
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Captain Richard Sackett of New York|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||20 Dec 2013|