Keith LeRoy Sackett
|Father||Nathaniel Baldwin Sackett (1886-1987)|
|Mother||Mina Gertrude Gerlinger (1890-1982)|
In 1920 Keith was living at 51st Street, Des Moines, Polk County, IowaG, in the household of his parents Nathaniel and Mina, and was recorded in the census as Keith L Sackett, aged one and born in Montana.8
In 1930 he was living at Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaG, in the household of his mother Mina, and was recorded as Keith Sackett, aged eleven.9
Keith completed a World War II draft registration card on 16 October 1940. He was aged 22, living at 5823 Master Street, Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaG, and was a student at Houghton College, New York.10 He served in the US Army during the Second World War, enlisting in PhiladelphiaG on 10 March 1942 and being discharged on 13 October 1945. He served overseas for three years.11,12
Children of Keith LeRoy Sackett and Laura Caroline Aiken
- Lawrence Wayne Sackett b. 15 Dec 1944, d. 9 Apr 2011
Notes & Citations
- Email from Jeff Feeser to Chris Sackett, Dec 2007.
- Military records.
- "California, Death Index, 1940–1997" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, William K, b. Iowa, 16 Sep 1918, d. San Francisco, 6 Dec 1984, mother Gerlinger." [Original not seen. William K probably a transcription error.]
- "U.S., Presbyterian Church Records, 1701-1970" (Ancestry image), Marriages Register, Calvin Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, "24 Jan 1942, Keith Le Roy Sackett & Laura Caroline Aiken."
- Death record.
- St. Louis Globe-Democrat, St. Louis, Missouri (Newspapers.com image), 26 Jun 1963, p 18, "Marriage Licenses, St. Louis County, Robert M. Knox, Philadelphia, Pa. & Laura Sackett, 406 W. Kirkham, Webster Groves."
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Aiken, Laura Caroline, b. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 31 Dec 1917, d. 17 Jul 2001, father George B Aiken, mother May G Sofield. Nov 1936 listed as Laura Caroline Aiken; Jan 1942 listed as Laura Aiken Sackett; Jul 1963 listed as Laura Aiken Knox; 02 Aug 2001 listed as Laura A Knox."
- 1920 United States Federal Census
Roll: T625_508; Page: 4A; Enumeration District: 97
51st Street, Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa, 7 Jan 1920
Sackett, N B, head, home owned on mortgage, 33, b. MN, father b. WI, mother b. MN, city salesman, sporting goods
Sackett, Mina G, wife, 29, b. MN, father b. WI, mother b. MN
Sackett, Wilma L, dau, 9, b. MN, father b. MN, mother b. MN
Sackett, Bruce E, son, 6, b. MT, father b. MN, mother b. MN
Sackett, Lloyd B, son, 3 2/12, b. MT, father b. MN, mother b. MN
Sackett, Keith L, son, 1 3/12, b. MT, father b. MN, mother b. MN.
- 1930 United States Federal Census
Page: 17A; Enumeration District: 0407; FHL microfilm: 2341845
Chestnut St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 29 Apr 1930
Sackett, Mina, head, home rented $32 pm, 40, m. at 20, b. MN, father b. MN, mother b. MN
Sackett, Wilma, dau, 19, b. MN, father b. MN, mother b. MN
Sackett, Bruce, son, 17, b. MT, father b. MT [sic], mother b. MT [sic]
Sackett, Lloyd, son, 13, b. MT, father b. MT [sic], mother b. MT [sic]
Sackett, Keith, son, 11, b. IA, father b. IA [sic], mother b. IA. [sic]
- "U.S. WWII Draft Cards Young Men, 1940–1947" (Ancestry image), "Keith Leroy Sackett, 5823 Master St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, age 22, b. Des Moines, Iowa, 16 Sep 1918, nok Mrs May G Aiken, 5823 Master St, emp Houghton College student, NY, race white, ht 5 11½, eyes hazel, wt 175, hair blonde, complexion light, no marks. Reg Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 16 Oct 1940."
- "US World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938–1946" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Keith L, married, b. Iowa, 1918, educ 4 years of college, enlisted Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 10 Mar 1942, rank Private, ht 71, wt 168."
- "Pennsylvania, Veteran Compensation Application Files, WWII, 1950–1966" (Ancestry image), "Sackett, Keith LeRoy, 5823 Master St, Philadelphia, PA, b. Des Moines, Iowa, 16 Sep 1918, service 10 Mar 1942 to 13 Oct 1945, foreign service 8 Oct 1942 to 7 Oct 1945, entered service at Philadelphia, serial 13054969, separated from service Newcastle Army Air Base, Wilmington, Del, 13 Oct 1945, branch Army, beneficiaries Mrs Laura A Sackett, 5823 Master St, living children: Carolyn May, 7 yrs; Lawrence Wayne, 5 yrs; Stephen George, 3 yrs; Leslie Gail, 1 yr; LeRoy Aiken, 6 mo, all at 5823 Master St, mother Mrs Mina G Sackett, 56E Chelfield Rd, North Hills, PA, father Mr N B Sackett, address unknown, notarised at Philadelphia, 17 Jan 1950. Check $500, 1 Jun 1950."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||2nd great-grandson of Nathaniel Sackett|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||30 Nov 2023|