|Father||Henry Slaughter (-1844)|
|Mother||Sarah Sackett (1801-1852)|
Emma emigrated to AustraliaG on 30 December 1858 on the ship Admiral Lyons. She was fifteen years old and was described as a general servant. She moved to Australia to be with her stepsister Sarah Sweetman and her family who had arrived in Australia nine months earlier.1 She married at the Moruya Court House, Moruya, New South WalesG, on 18 November 1865, Alban Hunt.1 He was born in Stour Provost, Dorset, EnglandG, on 17 June 18431 and died aged 71 in Edenvale, Queensland, AustraliaG, on 19 April 1915.1
Children of Emma Slaughter and Alban Hunt
- Alban Hunt b. 1866, d. 1874
- Sarah Ellen Hunt b. 1868, d. 1874
- Alice Maria Hunt b. 1869
- Jessie Louisa Hunt b. 1870, d. 1955
- Charles Edward Hunt b. 1872, d. 1931
- Emma Illena Hunt+ b. 6 Sep 1875, d. 16 Jul 1951
- Lillian Mary Hunt b. 1877, d. 1954
- Eva Lizzie Hunt b. 1879, d. 1941
- George Hunt b. 1881, d. 1967
- Frederick William Hunt b. 1883
- Francis John Hunt b. 1885, d. 1947
- Norman Sackett Hunt b. 1889, d. 1954
Notes & Citations
- Email from Jennifer Hancock to Chris Sackett, October 2008.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Sep qtr 1843. Slaughter, Emma. Isle of Thanet. 5:437."
- Email from Judi Purser-Alexander to Chris Sackett, March 2011.
|Sackett line||6th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||25 Mar 2011|