Stephen T Sackett1
|Father||Stephen John Sackett (1839-1897)|
|Mother||Eliza ___ (c 1835-)|
In 1880 Stephen was living in Glenville, Westchester County, New York StateG, in the household of his parents Stephen and Eliza, and was recorded in the census as Stephen T Sackett, a schoolboy, aged eight and born in New York.2
In 1882 at the age of ten, Stephen was taken by his parents on a visit to England, returning to New York on 12 September 1882 on the Helvetia.4,5
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- 1880 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, FHL 1254945, NA T9-0945/303D(2)
Glenville, Westchester, New York
Stephen S. Sackett, head, married, 41, b. England, granite & marble dealer, father b. England, mother b. England
Eliza Sackett, wife, 45, b. England, keeping house, father b. England, mother b. England
Phorbett Sackett, dau, single, 17, b. NY, clerk in factory & millinary estab.father b. England, mother b. England
Josephine Sackett, dau, 13, b. NY, at school, father b. England, mother b. England
Stephen T. Sackett, son, 8, b. NY, at school, father b. England, mother b. England.
- Genie Parker Ryan n.pub.,.
- Website CastleGarden.org: America's First Immigration Center (http://www.castlegarden.org), entries for Mr S J Sackett, gentleman, 43; Mrs Sackett, lady, 47; and Master S P Sackett, child, youngster, 10; arrived 12 September 1882 on the Helvetia.
- "New York Passenger Lists 1851–1891", database, Ancestry.com, entry for Mr S I Sackett, 43; Mrs Sackett, 47; & Master L P Sackett, 10; arrived 12 September 1882 from Liverpool, England, via Queenstown [Ireland] on the Helvetia.
|Last Edited||21 May 2008|