Eric Walter Sackett
|Father||Walter John Sackett (1884-1957)|
|Mother||Charlotte Victoria Stewardson (c 1886-1958)|
In 1921 Eric was living at 95 Canterbury Road, MargateG, in the household of his parents Walter and Charlotte, and was recorded in the census as Eric Walter Sackett, aged eight and born in Dalston.7
Eric proved his father Walter's will on 24 July 1957. His estate was valued at £6,376.8
Eric served a tour of duty in Pakistan for his bank in 1958/59. He and Joyce, with their two children, travelled from Liverpool for Karachi on 25 January 1958 on the Circassia and arrived back in Liverpool on 25 August 1959 on the Caledonia.9
Eric was granted administration on 11 July 1958 of his mother Charlotte's estate, valued at £8,007.10
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Mar qtr 1913. Sackett, Eric W (mother's maiden name: Stewardson). Hackney."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006" (Findmypast transcript), "Mar 2001. Sackett, Eric Walter, b. 25 Dec 1912. East Dorset. 4261B:B10:012:301."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1942. Sackett, Eric W. Spouse: Wilson. Nthmbld S. 10b:505."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1942. Wilson, Joyce M. Spouse: Sackett. Nthmbld S. 10b:505."
- Passenger list.
- West Sussex County Times, digital image, iannounce (http://www.thisisannouncements.co.uk/), 21 February 2013, "Obituary. SACKETT Joyce Mary peacefully on 9th February 2013 aged 91 years. Loving mother to Judith and Peter, sadly missed by all family and friends. The funeral takes place at The Surrey & Sussex Crematorium, Crawley on Friday, 1st March at 1.30pm. Family flowers only but donations, if desired to the Alzheimer’s Society and/or Sussex Air Ambulance c/o Freeman Brothers, Horsham."
- 1921 England census
95 Canterbury Road, Margate, Margate St John the Baptist, Kent
Walter John Sackett, head, 37y, married, b. Dalston, London, manager employment exchange, Ministry of Labour, Turner St, Ramsgate
Charlotte Victoria Sackett, wife, 35y, married, b. Stepney, London, household duties
Eric Walter Sackett, son, 8y 6m, b. Dalston, London.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett Walter John of Kirkstall Roundle-avenue Felpham Bognor Regis Sussex died 15 June 1957 at St Richards Hospital Chichester Probate London 24 July to Eric Walter Sackett bank official. Effects £6376 11s. 10d."
- "UK Outward Passenger Lists 1890–1960" (Ancestry image), "Eric W Sackett, b. 25 Dec 1912, married, bank official; Joyce M Sackett, b. 21 Mar 1921, married, housewife; Judith A Sackett, b. 30 Apr 1944; Peter J Sackett, b. 23 Nov 1947; of 117 Fordwich Rise, Hertford, English citizens, dep. Liverpool, 25 Jan 1958, to Karachi, Pakistan, 1st class, ship Circassia, Anchor Line."
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett Charlotte Victoria of Kirkstall Roundle Avenue Felpham Bognor Regis Sussex widow died 22 March 1958 at St Helens Stocker Road Bognor Regis Administration (with Will) (limited) London 11 July to Reginald Arnold Morris insurance broker attorney of Eric Walter Sackett. Effects £8007 14s. 4d."
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Martin Sackett of Childerditch|
|Charts||Line 7 (English)|
|Last Edited||19 Nov 2022|