William Henry Sackett
|Father||George Edward Sackett (1875-1949)|
|Mother||Katherine Annie "Kate" Cook (c 1876-1925)|
In 1911 William was living at 39 Delaford Street, Fulham, LondonG, in the household of his parents George and Kate, and was recorded in the census as William Sackett, a schoolboy, aged five and born in Putney.7
In 1921 he was living at 26 Laundry Road, FulhamG, in the household of his parents George and Kate, and was recorded as William Henry Sackett, a van boy at the Royal Fulham Laundry, aged 16.8
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, William and Doris were living at 39 Althea Street, Fulham, LondonG. William was a general labourer.9
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Sep qtr 1905. Sackett, William Henry. Mother: Cook. Wandsworth. 1d:797."
- 1939 Register.
- Baptisms Register, St Mary, Putney, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "21 Sep 1905 William Henry Sackett s. George Edward & Katherine Sackett, of 3 Sadlers Buildings, horsekeeper."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1934. Sackett, William H. Spouse: Thomas. Fulham. 1a:785."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1934. Thomas, Doris M. Spouse: Sackett. Fulham. 1a:785."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006" (Findmypast transcript), "Sep 1990. Sackett, Doris May B, b. 15 Jul 1910. Fulham. 12:752:990."
- 1911 England census
RG14, piece 288
39 Delaford Street, Fulham, London SW
George Sackett, head, 35, m. 15y, 7 ch, 5 living, horsekeeper, omnibus, worker, b. Fulham
Kate Sackett, wife, 34, m. 15y, 7 ch, 5 living, b. Chelsea
Kate Sackett, dau, 15, b. Fulham
Alfred Sackett, son, 10, school, b. Fulham
Mary Sackett, dau, 8, school, b. Fulham
William Sackett, son, 5, school, b. Putney
John Sackett, son, 1, b. Fulham.
- 1921 England census
26 Laundry Road, Fulham, London
George Edward Sackett, husband, 45y 9m, married, b. Fulham, taxi washer, Mr Stone, Taxi Garage
Kate Annie Sackett, wife, 45y 1m, married, b. Chelsea, London, at home
Mary Amelia Sackett, daughter, 18y 10m, single, b. Fulham, Middlesex, factory hand, biscuit packer, Macfarlanes, Stevendale Road
William Henry Sackett, son, 16y, single, b. Putney, London, van boy, Royal Fulham Laundry, Lettice St
John Richard Sackett, son, 11y 6m, b. Fulham
Rose Sackett, daughter, 9y 4m, b. Fulham
Edward George Sackett, son, 4y 2m, b. Fulham.
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Sackett household, 39 Althea Street, Fulham, London: RG101/0152H/005/35, William H Sackett, b. 14 Jun 1905, married, general labourer, heavy work; RG101/0152H/005/36, Doris M (B) Sackett, b. 15 Jul 1910, married, unpaid domestic duties; & 1 closed record.
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||16 Nov 2022|