Lily Amelia Sackett
|Father||John Edward Sackett (1865-1930)|
|Mother||Agnes Burnside (c 1866-1936)|
Lily attended the Randall Place School, Greenwich, LondonG, from 3 June 1901, having previously attended the Old Woolwich Road school. The family were living at 4 Haddo Street.5
In 1911 Lily was living at 4 Minden Road in the household of David Adams, 61, a grocer, and was recorded in the census as Lily Amelia Sackett, a general domestic servant, aged 17 and born in Greenwich.6
In 1921 she was living at 4 Maple Road, Anerley, Penge, SurreyG, in the household of Albert James Brinkworth, a bank accountant, and was recorded as Lily Amelia Sackett, a general domestic servant, aged 27.7
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Lily was living at 130 Upper Tulse Hill, Lambeth, LondonG, as a domestic servant in the household of a Pilcher family.8
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Sep qtr 1893. Sackett, Lily Amelia. Mother: Burnside. Greenwich. 1d:1114."
- 1939 Register.
- Baptisms Register, St Peter's Church, Greenwich, London (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "5 Sep 1893 Lily Amelia Sacket, b. 22 Aug 1893, d. John & Agnes Sacket, of 1 Frederick St, labourer."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Jun qtr 1940. Sackett, Lily A, 46. Camberwell."
- "London, England, School Admissions and Discharges, 1840–1911" (Ancestry image), Randall Place School, Greenwich, "adm no 744, 3 Jun 1901, Lily A Sackett, parents/guardian: John, of 4 Haddo St, b. 22 Aug 1893, last sch: Old Woolwich Rd."
- 1911 England census
RG14, Piece 3419, Schedule 321
4 Minden Road, Anerley, Croydon, Surrey
Lily Amelia Sackett, domestic servant, 17, single, general servant (domestic), b. Kent, Greenwich
[in household of David Adams, 61, a grocer].
- 1921 England census
4 Maple Road, Anerley, Penge, Surrey
Lily Amelia Sackett, servant, 27y 10m, single, b. Greenwich, London, general domestic servant, in private service
[In household of Albert James Brinkworth, bank accountant].
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Pilcher household, 130 Upper Tulse Hill, Lambeth, London: Charles N Pilcher, b. 1861, single, retired; Helen Pilcher, b. 1859; Mary A Pilcher, b. 1858; RG101/0366J/016/31, Lily Sackett, b. 22 Aug 1893, single, paid domestic; Colin P Crockford, b. 1896.
|Sackett line||9th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Descendants of John Edward Sackett|
|Last Edited||5 Nov 2022|