James M Lee
|Father||John Lee (1809-1875)|
|Mother||Eliza Sackett (1813-1871)|
James served as a private in the 102nd Illinois Infantry regiment during the American Civil War, enlisting in August 1862 and serving until the end of the war.1,4
James was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made on 22 March 1875.5
Children of James M Lee and Harriet A Lafferty
- John A Lee b. Sep 1867
- Miriam E Lee b. 28 Jun 1870
- Elva Lee b. c 1871
- Marietta Lee b. 6 Mar 1874
- Lela I Lee b. c 1878
Notes & Citations
- History of Mercer and Henderson Counties (Chicago: H H Hill & Co, 1882), "James M. Lee, son of John and Eliza Lee, was born in Centre county, Pennsylvania, in May 1836. In the spring of 1857 he came to Mercer county, Illinois, where he worked at carpentering until the spring of 1861. August 8, 1862, he enlisted in Co. E, 102d reg. Ill. Vol. Inf., and was with that regiment until the close of the war. He was married November 22, 1866, to Miss Harriet A. Lafferty, daughter of John Lafferty, of Suez township. Their children's names are: John A., Miriam E., Marietta, Lela I., and Ethel. They are both members of the United Presbyterian church."
- Date of birth 15 May 1834 recorded on tombstone— research: Patti Hobbs.
- Website Hobbs Family History Website (Patti Hobbs) (http://hobbits8.com/FamilyTree/index.php).
- Tombstone inscribed "Pvt Co E 102 Ill Inf."— research: Patti Hobbs.
- Will of John Lee of Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, 22 March 1875, proved at Huntingdon Court, 7 April 1875 (Family History Library film, 854234).
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||2nd great-grandson of Thomas Sackett of Hopewell|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||11 Jul 2012|