Noble William "Bill" Sackett
|Father||Harry Brent Sackett (1877-1949)|
|Mother||Nettie Lucinda Holmes (c 1888-1963)|
In 1920 Noble was living in Pine Grove, Van Buren County, MichiganG, in the household of his parents Harry and Nettie, and was recorded in the census as Noble Sackett, aged nine and born in Michigan.12
In 1930 he was living at Pekin, Tazewell County, IllinoisG, and was recorded as Noble W Sackett, a box lunches salesman, aged 19. He was a boarder in the household of his future parents-in-law, Robert and Gertrude Sherman. Edith Sherman, 20, who Noble was to marry later the same year, was also in the household, along with her six younger siblings.13
Noble was listed in the 1940 Hastings City Directory as a (car) bodyman, living at 201 West State. In 1944, he was a mechanic at Reahm Motor Sales, living at 210 North Washington with his second wife Flora. She was a nurse at Pennock Hospital.14
Children of Noble William "Bill" Sackett
Child of Noble William "Bill" Sackett and Flora Lillian Overton
- Frederick Allan Sackett b. 29 Aug 1943, d. 2000
Notes & Citations
- Andrew P Sackett, Ancestors and Descendants of Frederick Plummer Sackett, published by the author (1983), 122.
- Email from Karina Sackett to Terri Carlson, Jan 2018.
- Find a Grave.
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "N W Sackett, b. Aug 15, 1910, d. Oct 21, 1998, SSN 370-12-4586 issued MI, residence Hastings, Michigan, 49058, county Barry."
- Thurmon King's database, 12213 Noble William Sackett.
- Death record.
- "Kentucky, Birth Index, 1911–1999" (Ancestry transcript), "Overton, Flora L, b. Christian, KY, 16 Nov 1920, mother Flora Wade."
- "Michigan, Death Index, 1971–1996" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Flora Lillian, b. 16 Nov 1920, d. Hastings, Barry County, MI, 10 Feb 1993, res. Hastings."
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Flora Lillian, b. Crofton, Chri[stian] County, Kentucky, 16 Nov 1920, d. 10 Feb 1993, father Robert F Overton, mother Flora R Wade. Listed Sep 1967 as Flora Lillian Sackett. Listed 20 Feb 1993 as Flora Sackett."
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "Flora Sackett, b. Nov 16, 1920, d. Feb 10, 1993, SSN 379-56-3088 issued MI, residence Hastings, Michigan, 49058, county Barry."
- 1920 United States census
Roll: T625_799; Page: 5A; Enumeration District: 202
Pine Grove, Van Buren County, Michigan, 27/28 Jan 1920
Sackett, Harry, head, home rented, 42, married, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. NY, farmer, own account
Sackett, Nettie, wife, 32, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Sackett, Mable, dau, 12, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Sackett, Noble, son, 9, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Sackett, Bertha, dau, 5, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Goff, Mary, boarder, 71, wid, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY.
- 1930 United States census
Roll: 562; Page: 11A; Enumeration District: 0034; FHL microfilm: 2340297
South Fifth, Pekin, Tazewell County, Illinois, 11 Apr 1930
Sherman, Robert F, head, home owned $7,000, 46, m. at 25, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. NY, chemist, corn products
Sherman, Gertrude A, wife, 42, m. at 21, b. MO, father b. IL, mother b. IL
Sherman, Edith V, dau, 20, b. IL, father b. MI, mother b. MO
Other Sherman ch: John E, 19, Gertrude E, 17, Robert L, 15, Mary G, 11, Frances M, 8, Dorothy A, 6.
Sackett, Noble W, boarder, 19, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI, salesman, box lunches.
- "US City Directories, 1822-1995" (Ancestry image), Hastings, Michigan, City Directory, 1940, "Sackett Noble W bodymn R K Hurd r201 W State."; 1944, "Sackett Flora L Mrs nurse Pennock Hosp h210 N Washington.", "Sackett Noble W (Flora L) mech Reahm Motor Sales h210 N Washington."
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Aaron Sackett|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Descendants of Frederick Plummer Sackett
|Last Edited||6 Jan 2019|