|Father||William Hewitt Sackett (1851-1896)|
|Mother||Sarah Reynolds (c 1852-)|
In 1891 William was living at 137 Hoxton Street, Shoreditch, MiddlesexG, in the household of his parents William and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as William Sackett, a scholar, aged nine and born in Shoreditch.8
In 1911 he was living at 67 Junction Road, Holloway, Islington, LondonG, in the household of his widowed mother Sarah, and was recorded as William Sackett, a boot dealer, married, aged 30 and born in Hackney. Living with him was his daughter Eugenia, aged four. Also in the household, described as a visitor, was Eliza Francis, 35, who would have been Eugenia's mother.9 William's estranged wife Sarah was then living at the Metropolitan Asylum Board's North Western Hospital, Lawn Road, Hampstead, LondonG, where she worked as a hospital nurse. She was recorded as Sarah Elizabeth Caley, single, aged 29 and born in Bethnal Green.
Child of William Sackett and Eliza Francis
- Eugenia Sackett b. 3 May 1907, d. 1972
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Martin Sackett of Childerditch|
|Charts||Line 7 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1881. Sackett, William. Mother: Reynolds. Shoreditch. 1c:120."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1965. Sackett, William, 84. Greenwich. 5b:363."
- Marriages Register, St Mary, Islington, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "6 July 1902, William Sackett, 21, bachelor, boot shop manager, of 74 Seven Sisters Rd, father: William Hewitt Sackett, boot manufacturer; and Sarah Elizabeth Caley, 21, spinster, of 68 Seven Sisters Rd, father: Joseph William Caley, wool merchant. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: Henry H Mathews, S Blanchard."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1902. Sackett, William. Islington. 1b:569."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Jun qtr 1971. Sackett, Sarah Elizabeth, b. 20 Jun 1881. Elstree & Potters Bar. 4B:94."
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1907. Sackett, Eugenia. Mother: Francis. Islington. 1b:318."
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/248/f141
137 Hoxton Street, Shoreditch, Middlesex
William H Sackett, head, married, 40, bootmaker (empr), b. Shoreditch, London
Sarah Sackett, wife, 39, b. Clerkenwell, London
Rowland Sackett, son, unm, 18, clicker, b. Shoreditch
Harry Sackett, son, 11, scholar, b. Shoreditch
William Sackett, son, 9, scholar, b. Shoreditch
Laura Goslin[?], serv, 15, general serv, b. Shoreditch.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 783
67 Junction Rd, Holloway, Islington, London
Sarah Blanchard, head, 59, widow, independent, b. Mdx, Clerkenwell
William Sackett, son, 30, married, boot dealer, b. Mdx, Hackney
George William Huett, boarder, 59, married, accountant, auctioneers, b. Mdx, St George's
Eugenie Sackett, granddaughter, 4, b. Mdx, Islington
Eliza Francis, visitor, 35, single, housekeeper, b. Herts, Hatfield.
|Last Edited||12 November 2016|