Charles William Sackett
|Father||Charles Feakins Sackett (1842-1875)|
|Mother||Frances Spice (1845 or 1846-1935)|
In 1881 Charles was living at 8 Norfolk Street, Whitstable, KentG, in the household of his widowed mother Frances, and was recorded in the census as Charles W Sackett, a scholar, aged ten, and born in Ramsgate.9
In 1901 he was living at 74 Royal Hill, Greenwich, LondonG, and was recorded as Charles Sackett, a self-employed fruiterer, head of household, married, aged 30, and born in Ramsgate. Living with him was his wife Clara, aged 32, and born in Ramsgate. Boarding in the household were John and Louisa Cobbett.10
In 1911 he was living at 158 King Street, RamsgateG, and was recorded as Charles William Sackett, a self-employed grocer, aged 40 and born in Ramsgate. Living with him was his wife Clara, aged 42. They had no children.11
Charles left a will which was proved in LondonG on 23 September 1936 by his widow Clara. His estate was valued at £623.12
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Charles's widow Clara was living at 26 St Luke's Road, RamsgateG.13
Charles's widow Clara left a will which was proved on 21 April 1956 by a Rose Fisher. Her estate was valued at £582.14
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Jun qtr 1870. Sackett, Charles William. Mother: Spice. Thanet. 2a:814."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Sep qtr 1936. Sackett, Charles W, 66. Thanet."
- Probate record.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1892. Sackett, Charles William. Medway. 2a:973."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1892. Cavell, Clara Georgina. Medway. 2a:973."
- 1939 Register.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1956. Sackett, Clara G, 87. Hendon."
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341229, PRO RG11/0965/8/14
8 Norfolk St
Frances Sackett, head, widow, 34, b. Sittingbourne, dressmaker
Charles W. Sackett, son, 10, b. Ramsgate, scholar
Adelaide Sackett, dau, 7, b. Whitstable, scholar
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 5, b. Whitstable.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 537/32v
74 Royal Hill
Charles Sackett, head, married, 30, fruiterer green, own account, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Clara G Sackett, wife, 32, at home, b. Ramsgate
John Cobbett, boarder, married, 28, gas stoker, worker, b. Ash, Kent
Louisa Cobbett, boarder, married, 29, b. Ramsgate, Kent.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 158 King Street, Ramsgate, Kent
Charles William Sackett, husband, 40, grocer, own acct, at home, b. Ramsgate
Clara Sackett, wife, 42, m. 18y, no ch, assisting in the business, b. Ramsgate.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Charles William of 26 St Luke's-road Ramsgate died 26 August 1936 Probate London 23 September to Clara Georgina Sackett widow. Effects £623 5s. 7d."
- "1939 Register", digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 26 St Luke's Roaod, Ramsgate M B, Kent: RG101/1766A/024/17, Clara G Sackett, b. 9 Sep 1868, widowed, unpaid domestic duties.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Clara Georgina of 165 Gloucester-avenue London NW1 widow died 27 February 1956 at Friern Hospital Friern Barnet Middlesex Probate London 21 April to Rose Fisher widow. Effects £582 14s. 8d."
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||16 Nov 2016|