Albert Edward Sackett
|Father||George Robert Sackett (1854-1916)|
|Mother||Caroline Edith Pillow (1852 or 1853-)|
In 1901 Albert was living at 7 Effingham Street, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of his parents George and Caroline, and was recorded in the census as Albert E Sackett, aged four and born in Ramsgate.10
In 1911 he was living at 30 Camden Square, RamsgateG, in the household of his parents George and Caroline, and was recorded as Albert Edward Sackett, an outfitter, aged 16 and born in Ramsgate.11
Albert joined the British Army (Royal Flying Corps) on 1 November 1915. He served in France for three years during the First World War and was awarded the Military Medal for bravery in battle in October 1918. He transferred to the Royal Air Force on its formation on 1 April 1918 in the rank of corporal and continued to serve in France until February 1919.12,13,14
Albert left a will which was proved on 21 April 1952 by his widow Gertrude. His estate was valued at £209.15
Child of Albert Edward Sackett and Gertrude Maud Stevens
- Derek Adrian Sackett b. 26 Mar 1923, d. 27 Dec 1991
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1895. Sackett, Albert Edward. Mother: Pillow. Thanet. 2a:972."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1952. Sackett, Albert E, 57. Stockport."
- Probate record.
- Marriages Register, Christ Church, Ramsgate, Kent, "7 July 1919 Albert Edward Sackett, 24, bachelor, outfitter, of 49 Southwood Road, Ramsgate, s. George Sackett, dec'd; & Gertrude Maud Stevens, 29, spinster, of 49 Southwood Road, Ramsgate, d. David Franklin Stevens, shipwright. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: D F Stevens, M Stevens, P Nugent Wanstall."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1919. Sackett, Albert E. Spouse: Stevens. Thanet. 2a:3141."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1919. Stevens, Gertrude M. Spouse: Sackett. Thanet. 2a:3141."
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1890. Stevens, Gertrude Maud. Mother: Chapman. Thanet. 2a:950."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Jun qtr 1970. Sackett, Gertrude Maud, b. 12 Dec 1889. North East Cheshire. 10A:1125."
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 825/93&93v
7 Effingham Street
George Sackett, head, married, 47, licensed general porter, b. Ramsgate
Caroline E Sackett, wife, 57, b. Canterbury, Kent [?age]
Ada C Sackett, dau, single, 19, mothers help domestic, b. Ramsgate
Emily J Sackett, dau, 17, dressmakers improver, worker, b. Ramsgate
Florence B Sackett, dau, 14, b. Ramsgate
William F Sackett, son, 10, b. Ramsgate
George F Sackett, son, 7, b. Ramsgate
Albert E Sackett, son, 4, b. Ramsgate
Herbert W Pillow, bro-in-law, single, 59, paperhanger, worker, b. Canterbury
Marian Strickland, boarder, single, 28, manageress fancy bazaar, b. Clapham, London.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 30 Camden Square, Ramsgate, Kent
George Robert Sackett, head, 58, married, licensed porter, own account, b. Ramsgate
Caroline Edith Sackett, wife, 48, m. 30y, 6 ch, all living, b. Canterbury, Kent
Ada Sackett, dau, 29, single, b. Ramsgate
Emily Sackett, dau, 27, single, dressmaker, own account, b. Ramsgate
William Sackett, son, 20, single, fishmonger, worker, b. Ramsgate
George Fegen Sackett, son, 17, grocer, worker, b. Ramsgate
Albert Edward Sackett, son, 16, outfitter, b. Ramsgate.
- "British Royal Air Force service records, 1912–1939", digital image, Findmypast.
- "Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards", database, Findmypast, "Sackett, A.E, Corporal, British Royal Air Force, service no. 12375, award Military Medal."
- "The London Gazette", digital image, Findmypast, 8 Nov 1918, p 13201, "War Office, 8th November, 1918. His Majesty the King has approved of the undermentioned rewards in recognition of bravery in the field: Awarded the Military Medal. 12375 Corpl. A. E. Sackett, R.A. Force (Bedford)."
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Albert Edward of 7 Linden-road Cheadle Hulme Stockport Cheshire died 24 February 1952 at 26 Poplar-grove Stockport Administration (with Will) Manchester 21 April to Gertrude Maud Sackett widow. Effects £209 13s. 3d."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||28 Jun 2020|