Algernon Percy Sackett
|Father||Roland Algernon Sackett (1860-1928)|
|Mother||Rebecca Quiney (c 1869-1930)|
In 1901 Algernon was living at 21 Holmes Street, St Leonard's, Shoreditch, LondonG, and was recorded in the census as Algernon P Sackett, aged three months and born in Shoreditch. He was living with his parents Roland and Rebecca in the household of his grandfather John Sackett.13
In 1911 he was living at 21 Holms Street, Hackney Road, ShoreditchG, in the household of his parents Roland and Rebecca, and was recorded as Algernon Sackett, aged ten and born in Shoreditch.14
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Algernon and his second wife, Dorothy, were living at 42 Dartmouth Park Hill, Islington, LondonG. He was a lorry driver, and Dorothy a gents tailoress.15
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Martin Sackett of Childerditch|
|Charts||Line 7 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1901. Sackett, Algernon Percy. Mother: Quiney. Shoreditch. 1c:86."
- Baptisms Register, St Paul, Haggerston, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "17 Mar 1901 Algernon Percy Sackett s. Rowland Algernon & Rebecca Sackett, of 21 Holms St, Haggerston, shoe manufacturer."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Mar qtr 1979. Sackett, Algernon Percy, b. 22 Dec 1900. Islington. 13:1889."
- Register of cremations, Islington Crematorium, London (deceasedonline.com), "8 Mar 1979 Algernon Percy Sackett d. 1 Mar 1979."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1926. Sackett, Algernon. Spouse: Seymour. St Martin. 1a:1211."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1926. Seymour, Ida M. Spouse: Sackett. St Martin. 1a:1211."
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1899. Seymour, Ida May. Mother: Broster. Marylebone. 1a:534."
- Baptisms Register, St Mark, Marylebone Road, London (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "16 Nov 1899 Ida May Seymour d. William Charles & Eliza Seymour, of 1 King's Gate Cottage, Cricklewood, coachman."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Mar qtr 1982. Sackett, Ida May, b. 12 Nov 1900 [sic: 1899]. Builth. 26:0056."
- Burials Register, Tirabad Llandulas, Breconshire, digital image, Findmypast, "14 Jan 1982 Ida May Sackett, Brynfryfryd, Builth Wells, 81 years."
- 1939 Register.
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007", database, Ancestry.com, "Dec 1991. Sackett, Dorothy Sophie, b. 18 Apr 1912. Islington. 13:1474:1291."
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG13, piece 280, folio 101, p. 55
21 Holmes St, St Leonard's, Shoreditch, London
John R Sackett, head, married, 78, boot manufacturer, employer working at home, b. London, Mile End
Roland S Sackett, son, married, 40, boot manufacturer, employer working at home, b. London, Shoreditch
Rebecca Sackett, dau-in-law, 32, b. London, Stepney
Algernon P Sackett, grandson, 3mo, b. London, Shoreditch.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 21 Holms St, Hackney Road, Shoreditch, London NE
Roland Sackett, head, 51, married, shoe manufacturer, at home, b. Shoreditch
Rebecca Sackett, wife, 42, m. 11y, 2 ch, both living, b. London, Stepney
Algernon Sackett, son, 10, b. Shoreditch
Kathleen Sackett, dau, 1, b. Shoreditch.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 42 Dartmouth Park Hill, Islington, London: RG101/0257H/004/38, Algernon P (Percy A) Sackett, b. 22 Dec 1900, married, lorry driver; RG101/0257H/004/39, Dorothy Sackett, b. 18 Apr 1912, married, tailoress (gents); Olive Dicken, b. 1907, single, tailoress (gents).
|Last Edited||7 Nov 2016|