Earl Howard Sackett
|Father||Ralph Howard Sackett (1878-1940)|
|Mother||Flora Christina Jordan (1882-1975)|
In 1930 Earl was living at New London Road, Hortonia, Outagamie County, WisconsinG, in the household of his parents Ralph and Flora, and was recorded in the census as Earl Sackett, aged four and born in Wisconsin.4
Earl completed a World War II draft registration card on 26 June 1943. He was aged 18 and was working at a shoe company. He was living at 209 River Street, Portage, Columbia County, WisconsinG, with his mother Flora.5
Before her marriage, Miriam worked as a nurse aide at St Luke's Hospital in Marquette. She was listed in the city directory in 1953 when she was living with her parents at 1733 Fitch Avenue.6
Sackett, Earl H.
Earl H. Sackett, 77, Green Bay, died Thursday, October 31, 2002, at a local nursing home. Born in New London, May 24, 1925, he is the son of the late Ralph H. and Flora C. (Jordan) Sackett. Earl was a millwright most of his life throughout the state of Wisconsin. He enjoyed cribbage, reading, walking, and conversation.
Survived by two sons and one daughter-in-law, John and Terri Sackett of Mt. Holly, N.J; Daniel Sackett of Marquette, Mich; one brother, Milton (Bill) Sackett of Appleton; one sister-in-law, Mildred Sackett of Menasha; former spouse, Miriam Sackett of Marquette, Mich; nieces and nephews.
Preceded in death by his parents; five brothers, Rex, Jim, Harvey, Claude and Vernon (infant); two sisters, Adelia Yappa and Garna Garen.
Private services were held at West Mason Malcore Funeral Home, Green Bay.
—Green Bay Press-Gazette, Green Bay, Wisconsin, 3 Nov 2002, p 22.
Miriam L. Sackett, 87, of Marquette, died Friday afternoon, August 12, 2022, at Eastwood Nursing Center in Negaunee.
She was born May 3, 1935, in Marquette, a daughter of the late John "Cliff" and Loretta (Haley) Enwright. She was raised in Marquette and was a 1953 graduate of Bishop Baraga High School.
After marrying Earl Sackett, Miriam relocated to Wisconsin for several years in the Appleton area. Following her annulment, she moved back to Marquette in 1970 as a single and loving mother with her two boys. She was employed as a cook at Marquette Senior High School for many years before her retirement. She was a member of St. Michael's Catholic Church and their Altar Society. She also volunteered her time with the Boy Scouts Troop 302 supporting her sons and the many projects conducted by the troop, like car washes, camping, and popcorn fundraisers. Her extended family and friends were the center of her life.
Miriam is survived by her sons, John (Terri) Sackett of Mount Holly, NJ, and Daniel "Dan" (Tyler Clark) Sackett of Marquette; a brother, Glen "Jim" (Carole) Enwright of Warren, MI, and many nieces, nephews & cousins. She was preceded in death by her parents; grandson, Christopher Sackett; and brothers, John C. Enwright, Jr., Thomas "Tom" (Marge) Enwright and George (Sue) Enwright.
A Funeral Mass will be celebrated on Saturday, August 27, 2022 at 2:00 pm at St. Michael Catholic Church with Rev. Gregory Heikkala officiating. Visitation will be held for one hour prior to the Mass in the church. Interment will take place in Holy Cross Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made to Eastwood Nursing Center Activity Fund, 900 Maas Street, Negaunee, MI 49866.
Canale-Tonella Funeral Home and Cremation Services is assisting the family where memories may be shared at canalefuneral.com
—Legacy.com, Canale Tonella Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Marquette, MI, 20 & 21 Aug 2022.
Children of Earl Howard Sackett and Miriam Lois Enwright
Notes & Citations
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Earl Howard, b. New London, Wisconsin, 24 May 1925, d. 31 Oct 2002, father Ralph H Sackett, mother Flora C Jordan, claim date 20 Jan 1969. 16 Dec 1982 listed as Earl Howard Sackett; 12 Sep 1990 listed as Earl Sackett; 20 Jan 1969 listed as Earl H Sackett."
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "Earl Sackett, b. May 24, 1925, d. Oct 31, 2002, SSN 391-20-5833 issued WI, residence Green Bay, Wisconsin, 54311, county Brown."
- 1930 United States census
Roll: 2603; Page: 3B; Enumeration District: 0031; Image: 861.0; FHL microfilm: 2342337
New London Rd, Hortonia, Outagamie County, Wisconsin, 23 Apr 1930
Sackett, Ralph, home rented, $20, not farm, 51, m. at 24, b. WI, father b. NY, mother b. NY, carpenter, own account
Sackett, Flora, wife, 47, m. at 20, b. WI, father b. Scotland, mother b. Canada English, thread cutter, garment factory
Sackett, James, son, 23, b. WI, father b. WI, mother b. WI
Sackett, Claude, son, 19, b. WI, father b. WI, mother b. WI
Sackett, Adelia, dau, 17, b. WI, father b. WI, mother b. WI
Sackett, Garna, dau, 15, b. WI, father b. WI, mother b. WI
Sackett, William, son, 9, b. WI, father b. WI, mother b. WI
Sackett, Earl, son, 4 10/12, b. WI, father b. WI, mother b. WI.
- "U.S. WWII Draft Cards Young Men, 1940–1947" (Ancestry image), "Earl Howard Sackett, 209 River St, Portage, Columbia, Wisconsin, age 18, b. Waupaca County, Wisconsin, 24 May 1925, nok Mrs Flora Sackett, 209 River St, emp Weyenberg Shoe Co, Portage, Wisconsin, race white, ht 6', eyes gray, wt 165, hair brown, complexion light, curving scar on left heel. Reg Columbia, Wisconsin, 26 Jun 1943."
- "US City Directories, 1822-1995" (Ancestry image), Marquette City Directory, 1953, "Enwright Miriam L nurse aide St Luke's Hosp r1733 Fitch av."
|Sackett line||10th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||5 Oct 2022|