Horatio Northrup Sackett1
|Father||Norman Sackett (1788-1834)|
|Mother||Sally Northrup (1792-1827)|
Horatio Sackett served as a Union soldier in the American Civil War in Company C, 21st Regiment Michigan Volunteer Infantry. He died in service.4,3
Horatio was listed in the 1840 census as a householder in Ruggles, Ashland County, OhioG.5
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Charles Cook Bronson, History of Tallmadge and the Western Reserve 1804–1886, 2:78–81, "Horatio Northrup [Sackett], baptized Sept. 22nd, 1812, born in 1812 in Tallmadge. Died in the hospital at Cincinnati, Dec. 1862, age 50."
- Register of Deaths of Volunteers, 1861–1865, United States Civil War (Ancestry image), "Sackett, Horatio N, Priv, Co C, 21 Mich Vols, d. 3 Nov 1862 at Park Barracks H Louisville, Kentucky, chronic diarrhoea."
- Website American Civil War database (National Park Service) (www.itd.nps.gov/cwss/index.html), "Sackett, Horatio N, Union, 21st Regiment, Michigan Infantry."
- 1840 United States census, "Horatio Sackett, Ruggles, Huron County, Ohio, 1 male under 5, 1 male 20-29, 1 female under 5, 1 female 20-29, total 4."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||24 Nov 2023|