|Father||Norman Sackett (1788-1834)|
|Mother||Sally Northrup (1792-1827)|
In 1850 Ebenezer was living in Bowne, Kent County, MichiganG, in the household of his aunt Mercy (Sackett) Platt, and was recorded in the census as Ebenezar S Sacket, a farmer, aged 28 and born in Ohio.7
In 1860 Ebenezer was living at Bowne, Kent County, MichiganG, and was recorded in the census as Ebenezer Sacket, a farmer, aged 39 and born in Ohio. Also in the household were his wife Louisa (32) and children Mary (8), Homer (7), Ida (4), and Norman (1.)4
Ebenezer served in the Civil War as a Corporal in the 21st Regiment, Michigan Infantry, from August 1862 to January 1863.8,3
In 1870 he was living at Talkington, Sangamon County, IllinoisG, and was recorded as Ebenezer Sackett, a farmer, aged 50 and born in Ohio. Living with him were his wife Louisa, and children Mary (18), Homer (17), Ida (14), and Norman (11). Louisa's age was recorded as 48 although, to agree with other records, she would have been 42 or 43 in 1870. Also in the household was baby Frederick, aged 6 months.9
Children of Ebenezer Sackett and Cynthia Louisa Thompson
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Thurmon King's database.
- Website Waverly East Cemetery, Morgan County, Illinois (http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilmaga/morgan/cemetery/wav_s.html), "Sackett, Ebenezer S., 1822, 8 Dec 1870, Co. I, 21st Mich. Inf."
- 1860 Census for United States, Roll M653-550/257 (KR)
Bowne, Kent, Michigan
Ebenezer Sacket, 39, M, farmer, $2000, $450, b. OH
Louisa Sacket, 32, F, b. NY
Mary Sacket, 8, F, b. MI
Homer Sacket, 7, M, b. MI
Ida Sacket, 4, F, b. MI
Norman Sacket, 1, M, b. MI.
- Copy of marriage certificate in Ebenezer Sackett pension file #323,635, researched by Kathleen Giusti:
"To whom it may Concern-
This certifies that Ebenezer T. Sackett aged 24 years of the town of Bowne in the County of Kent in the State of Michigan and Cynthia L. Thompson aged 23 years of the town of Wright in the County of Otawa in the State of Michigan were joined in Holy Matrimony on the 4th day of Feb in the year of our Lord, one thousand eight hundred and fifty-one by me.
signed Justin Walker, Justice of the Peace.
In the presence of:
Margaret D. Trott and William Rice."
- Website Waverly East Cemetery, Morgan County, Illinois (http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilmaga/morgan/cemetery/wav_s.html), "Sackett, Cynthia L. (Thompson), 2 Feb 1828, 14 Jun 1900, His Wife (Wife of Ebenezer Sackett)."
- 1850 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: M432_353; Page: 318A; Image: 620
Bound [Bowne], Kent County, Michigan
Platt, Mercy M, 63, b. CT
Platt, Salmon E, 27, farmer, real estate $400, b. OH
Platt, Sarah S, 23, b. OH
Platt, Rosalthe V, 3, b. MI
Sacket, Ebenezar S, 28, farmer, real estate $600, b. OH.
- Website American Civil War database (National Park Service) (www.itd.nps.gov/cwss/index.html), "Sackett, Ebenezer S, Union, 21st Regiment, Michigan Infantry."
- 1870 Census for United States, Roll M593-281/136 (KR)
Talkington, Sangamon, Illinois
Sackett, Ebenezer S, 50, M, farmer, $8000, $400, b. OH
Sackett, Louisa, 48, F, k house, b. NY
Sackett, Mary, 18, F, b. MI
Sackett, Homer, 17, M, f laborer, b. MI
Sackett, Ida, 14, F, b. MI
Sackett, Norman, 11, M, b. MI
Sackett, Frederick, 6/12, M, b. IL.
|See also||Bronson, History of Tallmadge|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||14 Feb 2021|