|Father||Thomas Francis Sackett1 (1865-)|
|Mother||Margaret Barnett (c 1867-1899)|
In 1911 Daniel was living at 76 Clifton Road, Canning Town, West HamG, in the household of his father Thomas and stepmother Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Daniel Sackett, a van boy, aged 14 and born in West Ham.6
Daniel served in the British Army during the First World War in the Loyal North Lancashire Regiment. He saw active service overseas but was required to return the usual Victory Medal and British Medal following desertion from the service on 7 May 1918.7,8
Children of Daniel Sackett and Clara H Grant
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 1585/21v
West Ham, Essex
22 Woodstock Street, West Ham (Holy Trinity) (3 rooms)
Thomas SACKET, head, widower, 31, dock labourer, worker, b. Deptford, London
Phillis SACKETT, mother, widow, 63, b. Canning Town, Essex
Daniel SACKET, son, 4, b. Canning Town
Elizabeth MOORE, niece, 16, domestic servant, worker, b. Poplar
George MOORE, nephew, 14, van guard, worker, b. Poplar.
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1896. Sackett, Daniel. Mother: Barnett. West Ham. 4a:48."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Jun qtr 1972. Sackett, Daniel, b. 1 Sep 1896. Stepney. 5E:348."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1921. Sackett, Daniel. Spouse: Grant. W. Ham. 4a:36."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1921. Grant, Clara H. Spouse: Sackett. W. Ham. 4a:36."
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 76 Clifton Rd, Canning Town, West Ham, Essex
Thomas Sackett, head, 45, married, dock labourer, b. Rotherhithe
Sarah Sackett, wife, 43, m. 5y, b. Limehouse
Daniel Sackett, son, 14, van boy, b. West Ham
James Hyslop, son, 19, sugar refiners, b. Custom House
John A Hyslop, son, 13, b. West Ham
Ellen J Hyslop, dau, 12, b. Custom House
James Gardner, boarder, 50, single, dock labourer, b. West Ham.
- "Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards", database, Findmypast.
- "British Army Medal Index Cards, 1914-1920", digital image, The National Archives, "Sackett, Daniel, Private, Loyal North Lancashire Regiment, service no. 38505, Victory Medal, British Medal, deserted service from 7 May 1918, BW & VM ret'd. WO372/17."
|Last Edited||29 June 2020|