Robert Emmett Sackett1
|Father||Carson Hobart Sackett2 (1852-1898)|
|Mother||Anna Race2 (1857-1917)|
Robert was just one day old when his father Carson died.
In 1900 Robert was living at Mill Street, Hudson, Columbia County, New York StateG, in the household of his widowed mother Annie, and was recorded in the census as Robert Sackett, aged three and born in Connecticut.6
In 1910 he was living at Ronnade Hill, HudsonG, in the household of his mother Anna and stepfather George Vedder, and was recorded as Robert E Sackett, aged 14.7
Robert served as a private in the United States Army during the First World War. He enlisted in the National Guard in Hudson, New York, on 17 April 1915, and transferred to a machine-gun battalion in the 106th Infantry Regiment on 13 January 1917. He served overseas from 10 May 1918 to March 18, 1919 and was honorably discharged on 2 April 1919.8
In 1920 he was living at Fulton Street, HudsonG, and was recorded as Robt Sackett, a spinner in a cotton mill, aged 23 and single. He was a boarder in the household of a Miller family.9
In 1930 he was living at Warren Street, HudsonG, and was recorded as Robert E Sackett, unemployed, aged 31 and divorced. He was boarding in the Miller household.10
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Email from John Meacher to Sackett List, 19 September 2004.
- Death record.
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index", database, American Ancestors, "Robert Sackett, b. Mar 22, 1897, d. Dec, 1966, SSN 111-01-2930 issued NY, residence Hudson, New York, 12534, county Columbia."
- 1900 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Page: 18; Enumeration District: 0019
Mill Street, Hudson, Columbia County, New York, 13/14 Jun 1900
Sackett, Annie, head, b. Sep 1857, 42, wid, 8 ch, 1 living, b. NY, father b. ny, mother b. NY, laundress
Sackett, Robert, son, b. Mar 1897, 3, b. CT, father b. NY, mother b. NY.
- 1910 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: T624_933; Page: 2B; Enumeration District: 0018; FHL microfilm: 1374946
Ronnade Hill, Hudson, Columbia County, New York, 18 Apr 1910
Vedder, George, head, 64, m2. 10y, b. Germany father b. Germany, mother b. Germany, immigrated 1880, naturalized, mill hand, knitting mill, home rented
Vedder, Anna, wife, 53, m3. 10y, 9 ch, 2 living, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Sackett, Robert E, stepson, 14, b. CT, father b. CT, mother b. NY.
- "New York, Abstracts of World War I Military Service, 1917–1919", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, Robert E, serial no. 1,216,455, white, res 35 N 3 St, Hudson, New York, enlisted in NG, Hudson, NY, Apr 17/15, b. New Haven, Conn, 19 yrs, organizations Co F 10 Inf NY NG to Dec 7/17; Co B 106 MG Bn to disch, engagements Pvt 1cl Jan 13/17; Pvt Mch 8/17, served overseas May 10/18 to Mar 18/19, hon disch Apr 2/19, 0% disabled."
- 1920 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: T625_1095; Page: 12B; Enumeration District: 27
Fulton Street, Hudson, Columbia County, New York, 13/14 Jan 1920
Sackett, Robt, boarder, 23, single, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, spinner, cotton mill
[In household of Herbert & Anna Miller].
- 1930 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Page: 5B; Enumeration District: 0023
Warren Street, Hudson, Columbia County, New York, 8/9 Apr 1930
Miller, Herbert, head, 50, laborer, greenhouse
Miller, Anna, wife, 45
Sackett, Robert E, boarder, 31, divorced, b. CT, father b. NY, mother b. NY, occ. none.
|Last Edited||13 July 2018|