|Father||Robert Sackett (1847-1915)|
|Mother||Mary Ann Lazell (1845-1917)|
In 1881 Robert was living at Bull Inn, Bull Street, Dagenham, EssexG, in the household of his parents Robert and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Robert Sackett, a scholar, aged five and born in Dagenham.5
In 1891 he was living at 40 Lower Cottages, Creeksworth?, Barking, EssexG, in the household of his sister Annie and brother-in-law John Thomas, and was recorded as Robert Sackett, a general labourer, aged 16 and born in Dagenham.6
Robert served in the 8th King's Royal Irish Hussars for seven years from 11 December 1891. He gave his age on enlistment as 18; he was actually 16. He transferred to the army reserves in 1898 and was discharged medically unfit on 2 January 1900.3
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Richard Sackett of South Weald|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1875. Sackett, Robert. Mother: Lazell. Romford. 4a:169."
- "British Army Service Records, 1760–1915", digital image, Findmypast.
- "Ireland Civil Registration Indexes", database, FamilySearch, "Dec qtr 1898. Sackett, Robert. Waterford, Ireland. 4:337."
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341420, PRO RG11/1745/85/7
Bull St. Bull Inn
Robert Sackett, head, married, 33, b. Dagenham, Essex, ag labourer
Mary A. Sackett, wife, 35, b. Upminster, Essex
James W. Sackett, son, 13, b. Dagenham, scholar
Annie E. Sackett, dau, 12, b. Dagenham, scholar
Henry Sackett, son, 9, b. Dagenham, scholar
Robert Sackett, son, 5, b. Dagenham, scholar
Mary A. Sackett, dau, 3, b. Dagenham
Jane P. Sackett, dau, 1, b. Dagenham.
- 1891 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 1371, folio 30, p. 9, GSU roll 6096481
40 Lower Cottgs, Creeksworth?, Barking, Essex
John H Thomas, head, married, 32, general laborer, b. Sussex, Hastings
Annie E Thomas, wife, 22, b. Essex, Dagenham
Herbert H Thomas, son, 3, b. Essex, Dagenham
Wilfred J Thomas, son, 1, b. Essex, Dagenham
Philadelphia Thomas, dau, 3 mo, b. Essex, Barking
Robert Sackett, bro-in-law, 16, general laborer, b. Essex, Dagenham.
|Last Edited||13 November 2016|