Frank Pilcher Sackett
|Father||John Sackett (1838-1916)|
|Mother||Maria Smith (c 1840-1919)|
In 1891 Frank was living at Walnut Tree Cottage, Worth Village, KentG, in the household of his parents John and Maria, and was recorded in the census as Frank P Sackett, a scholar, aged nine and born in Worth.8
In 1901 he was living at 8 Canon Flowers Cottages, WorthG, and was recorded as Frank P Sackett, an under gardener domestic, single, aged 19 and born in Worth, son of John Sackett.9
In 1911 he was living at Marshboro, Woodnesborough, KentG, and was recorded as Frank Pilcher Sackett, a milkman, head of household, aged 28 and born in Worth. Living with him were his wife Rosa, 38, and their children, Doris, 5, Dora, 4, and Reginald, aged seven months.10
Frank served in the British Army during the First World War as a gunner in the Royal Field Artillery. He was awarded the Victory Medal and the British Medal in recognition of active service overseas. He was granted a Silver War Badge, to be worn with civilian clothes to indicate that he had been honourably discharged due to wounds or sickness.11,12
In 1921 he was living at Mill Lane, WorthG, and was recorded as Frank Pilcher Sackett, a farm labourer at G M Goodson's Felderland Farm at Eastry, head of household, aged 39. Living with him were his wife Rosa, 49, and their children, Dora, 14, and Reginald, aged eleven.13
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Frank and Rosa were living at Rosa, Eastry, KentG. Both were incapacitated. Their son Reginald, an agricultural labourer, was living with them.14
Children of Frank Pilcher Sackett and Rosa Harriet Sawkins
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Sep qtr 1881. Sackett, Frank Pilcher. Mother: Smith. Eastry. 2a:914."
- 1939 Register.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Jun qtr 1941. Sackett, Frank P, 59. Thanet."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1904. Sackett, Frank Pilcher. Eastry. 2a:2247b."
"Dec qtr 1904. Sawkins, Rosa Harriet. Eastry. 2a:2247b."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index" (Ancestry image), "Sep qtr 1872. Sawkins, Rosa Harriet. Bridge. 2a:698."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1942. Sackett, Rosa H, 70. Thanet."
- 1891 England census
RG12, piece 735, folio 94, p. 8, GSU roll 6095845
Walnut Tree Cottage, Worth Village, Worth, Kent
John Sackett, head, married, 52, carpenter & parish clerk, b. Kent, Margate
Maria Sackett, wife, 51, b. Kent, Ash
John S Sackett, son, 17, employed on farm, b. Kent, Worth
Ruth M Sackett, dau, 12, scholar, b. Kent, Worth
Frank P Sackett, son, 9, scholar, b. Kent, Worth.
- 1901 England census
8 Canon Flowers Cottages, Worth (SS Peter & Paul), Kent
John Sackett, head, married, 62, wheelwright, worker, b. Margate, Kent
Maria Sackett, wife, 61, b. Ash, Kent
John S Sackett, son, single, 26, general labourer, worker, b. Worth
Frank P Sackett, son, single, 19, under gardener domestic, b. Worth
Cecil Sackett, grandson, 7, b. Worth.
- 1911 England census
Marshboro, Woodnesboro, Eastry, Kent
Frank Pilcher Sackett, head, 28, married, milkman, worker, b. Kent, Worth
Rosa Harriett Sackett, wife, 38, m. 6y, 3 ch, all living, b. Kent, Goodnestone
Doris Sackett, dau, 5, b. Kent, Worth
Dora Sackett, dau, 4, b. Kent, Worth
Reginald Frank Sackett, son, 7 mo, b. Kent, Woodnesboro.
- "Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards" (Findmypast transcript).
- "British Army Medal Index Cards, 1914-1920", digital image, The National Archives, "Sackett, Frank P, Gunner, Royal Field Artillery, service nos. 1169, 915711, Victory Medal, British Medal, Silver War Badge. WO372/17."
- 1921 England census
Mill Lane, Worth, Kent
Frank Pilcher Sackett, head, 39y 9m, married, b. Worth, farm labourer, G M Goodson, farmer, Felderland, Eastry
Rosa Harriett Sackett, wife, 49y 9m, married, b. Worth, home duties
Dora Sackett, daughter, 14y 7m, b. Felderland, nr Eastry
Reginald Frank Sackett, son, 11y 5m, b. Woodnesborough, Kent.
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Sackett household, Rosa, Eastry R D, Kent: RG101/1819J/006/3, Frank P Sackett, b. 22 Aug 1881, married, incapacitated; RG101/1819J/006/4, Rosa H Sackett, b. 7 Aug 1872, married, incapacitated; RG101/1819J/006/5, Reginald G Sackett, b. 6 Feb 1910, single, agricultural labourer; Emily M Bartholomew, b. 1895, single, housekeeper.
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||16 Oct 2022|