Frank Pilcher Sackett
|Father||John Sackett (1838-1916)|
|Mother||Maria Smith (c 1840-1919)|
In 1891 Frank was living at Walnut Tree Cottage, Worth Village, KentG, in the household of his parents John and Maria, and was recorded in the census as Frank P Sackett, a scholar, aged nine and born in Worth.8
In 1901 he was living at 8 Canon Flowers Cottages, WorthG, and was recorded as Frank P Sackett, an under gardener domestic, single, aged 19 and born in Worth, son of John Sackett.9
In 1911 he was living at Marshboro, Woodnesborough, KentG, and was recorded as Frank Pilcher Sackett, a milkman, head of household, aged 28 and born in Worth. Living with him were his wife Rosa, 38, and their children, Doris, 5, Dora, 4, and Reginald, aged seven months.10
Frank served in the British Army during the First World War as a gunner in the Royal Field Artillery. He was awarded the Victory Medal and the British Medal in recognition of active service overseas. He was granted a Silver War Badge, to be worn with civilian clothes to indicate that he had been honourably discharged due to wounds or sickness.11,12
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Frank and Rosa were living at Rosa, Eastry, KentG. Both were incapacitated. Their son Reginald, an agricultural labourer, was living with them.13
Children of Frank Pilcher Sackett and Rosa Harriet Sawkins
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1881. Sackett, Frank Pilcher. Mother: Smith. Eastry. 2a:914."
- 1939 Register.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1941. Sackett, Frank P, 59. Thanet."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1904. Sackett, Frank Pilcher. Eastry. 2a:2247b."
"Dec qtr 1904. Sawkins, Rosa Harriet. Eastry. 2a:2247b."
- Website England & Wales Birth Index (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com) (http://search.ancestry.co.uk/), "Sep qtr 1872. Sawkins, Rosa Harriet. Bridge. 2a:698."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1942. Sackett, Rosa H, 70. Thanet."
- 1891 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 735, folio 94, p. 8, GSU roll 6095845
Walnut Tree Cottage, Worth Village, Worth, Kent
John Sackett, head, married, 52, carpenter & parish clerk, b. Kent, Margate
Maria Sackett, wife, 51, b. Kent, Ash
John S Sackett, son, 17, employed on farm, b. Kent, Worth
Ruth M Sackett, dau, 12, scholar, b. Kent, Worth
Frank P Sackett, son, 9, scholar, b. Kent, Worth.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 832/41
8 Canon Flowers Cottages, Worth (SS Peter & Paul), Kent
John Sackett, head, married, 62, wheelwright, worker, b. Margate, Kent
Maria Sackett, wife, 61, b. Ash, Kent
John S Sackett, son, single, 26, general labourer, worker, b. Worth
Frank P Sackett, son, single, 19, under gardener domestic, b. Worth
Cecil Sackett, grandson, 7, b. Worth.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Marshboro, Woodnesboro, Eastry, Kent
Frank Pilcher Sackett, head, 28, married, milkman, worker, b. Kent, Worth
Rosa Harriett Sackett, wife, 38, m. 6y, 3 ch, all living, b. Kent, Goodnestone
Doris Sackett, dau, 5, b. Kent, Worth
Dora Sackett, dau, 4, b. Kent, Worth
Reginald Frank Sackett, son, 7 mo, b. Kent, Woodnesboro.
- "Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards", database, Findmypast.
- "British Army Medal Index Cards, 1914-1920", digital image, The National Archives, "Sackett, Frank P, Gunner, Royal Field Artillery, service nos. 1169, 915711, Victory Medal, British Medal, Silver War Badge. WO372/17."
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, Rosa, Eastry R D, Kent: RG101/1819J/006/3, Frank P Sackett, b. 22 Aug 1881, married, incapacitated; RG101/1819J/006/4, Rosa H Sackett, b. 7 Aug 1872, married, incapacitated; RG101/1819J/006/5, Reginald G Sackett, b. 6 Feb 1910, single, agricultural labourer; Emily M Bartholomew, b. 1895, single, housekeeper.
|Last Edited||25 June 2020|