Sidney Rupert Sackett
|Father||William Henry Sackett (1840-1922)|
|Mother||Martha Randall (1842-1919)|
In 1891 Sidney was living at Wingfield House, OrsettG, in the household of his parents William and Martha, and was recorded in the census as Sidney Rupert Sackett, a scholar, aged eight and born in Orsett.12
In 1901 he was living at Wingfield House, OrsettG, in the household of his father William, and was recorded as Sydney Rupert Sackett, a land agent's clerk, aged 18 and born in Orsett.13
In 1911 he was living at 26A North View Road, Hornsey, MiddlesexG, and was recorded as Sidney Rupert Sackett, a self-employed land agent and surveyor, head of household, aged 28 and born in Orsett. Living with him was his wife Eleanor, 33.14
Administration of Sidney's estate was granted on 7 July 1919 to his widow Eleanor. His estate was valued at £259.15
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Sidney's widow Eleanor was living at White Cottage, Mountain Road, Caerphilly, Glamorgan, WalesG, with her brother Walter Birkett.16
Sidney's widow Eleanor left a will which was proved on 26 January 1956 by their daughter Brenda. Her estate was valued at £1,020.17
Child of Sidney Rupert Sackett and Eleanor W Birkett
- Brenda Margaret Sackett b. 23 Aug 1912, d. Nov 1991
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Jun qtr 1882. Sackett, Sidney Rupert. Mother: Randall. Orsett. 4a:300."
- "Essex Baptisms" (Findmypast transcript), Baptisms Register, Orsett, Essex, "4 Jun 1882, Sidney Rupert Sackett, father William Henry Sackett, collector, mother Martha, of Heath Place Orsett."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Jun qtr 1919. Sackett, Sidney R, 37. Gravesend."
- Probate record.
- "Essex Monumental Inscriptions" (Findmypast transcript), St Giles & All Saints, Orsett, Essex, "Treble grey kerb with grey Celtic cross on a double plinth. // East side, top plinth: In loving memory of / William Henry Sackett / died 26th April 1922 aged 82 / Bottom plinth: Martha / his wife / died 19 Feb 1919 aged 76 / West kerb: Also Walter Randall died at Vancouver B.C. April 12th 1893 aged 23. Wilfred died Dec 23rd 1930 aged 57 / South kerb: Gertrude Mary died March 2nd 1897 aged 22. Sidney Rupert died May 8th 1919 aged 37 / East kerb: Ada Perkins daughter of above died 15th February 1947 aged (--) years. Edith Grace Sackett daughter of above / died 2nd January 1946 aged 69 years / Stonemason: Maile & Son Ltd / Euston Rd London /."
- "Essex Burial Index 1530-1994" (Findmypast transcript), Burials Register, Orsett, Essex, "13 May 1919, Sidney Rupest Sackett, 37, of 37 Whitehall Road Erawesend."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1909. Sackett, Sidney Rupert. Stockport. 8a:227."
- 1939 Register.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Dec qtr 1955. Sackett, Eleanor, 78. Chelmsford."
- Memorial Inscription, All Saints Church Cemetery, Springfield, Essex (Findmypast transcript), "1955 Eleanor Sackett."
- 1891 England census
RG12, piece 1380, folio 87, p. 29, GSU roll 6096490
Wingfield House, Orsett, Essex
William Henry Sackett, head, married, 51, collector of poor rates, b. Essex, Orsett
Martha Sackett, wife, 48, b. Essex, Orsett
Ada Sackett, dau, single, 22, mother's help, b. Essex, Orsett
Walter Randall Sackett, son, single, 21, assistant collector, b. Essex, Orsett
Wilfrid Sackett, son, single, 17, farm bailiff, b. Essex, Orsett
Gertrude Mary Sackett, dau, 16, scholar, b. Essex, Orsett
Edith Grace Sackett, dau, 14, scholar, b. Essex, Orsett
Sidney Rupert Sackett, son, 8, scholar, b. Essex, Orsett
Annie Elizabeth Kempster, servant, single, 16, general servant domestic, b. Essex, Bulphan.
- 1901 England census
Wingfield House, St Giles & All Saints, Orsett, Essex
William Henry Sackett, head, M, 61, collector of poor rates, b. Orsett
Ada Sackett, dau, S, 32, mothers help, at home, b. Orsett
Edith Grace Sackett, dau, S, 24, daily governess, b. Orsett
Wilfrid Sackett, son, S, 27, carter on farm, b. Orsett
Sydney Rupert Sackett, son, S, 18, land agents clerk, b. Orsett
Harriet Rose Johnson, servt, S, 15, general servant domestic, b. Orsett.
- 1911 England census
26A North View Rd, Hornsey, N
Sidney Rupert Sackett, head, 28, married, land agent & surveyor, own account, b. Essex, Orsett
Eleanor Sackett, wife, 33, m. 1y, no ch, b. Lancashire, Southport.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett Sidney Rupert of 37 Whitehill-road Gravesend Kent died 8 May 1919 Administration London 7 July to Eleanor Sackett widow. Effects £259 7s."
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Birkett household, White Cottage, Mountain Road, Caerphilly U D, Glamorganshire, Wales: Walter Birkett, b. 1871, married, accountant to gas company; Eleanor Sackett, b. 16 Sep 1877, widowed, unpaid domestic duties.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett Eleanor of 15 Shrublands Close Chelmsford widow died 27 November 1955 Probate London 26 January 1956 to Brenda Margaret Sackett spinster. Effects £1020 16s. 2d."
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Richard Sackett of South Weald, Essex|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
|Last Edited||25 Sep 2023|