Robert Bernard Sackett
|Father||Henry "Harry" Sackett (1871-1942)|
|Mother||Louisa Elizabeth Mathison (1869-1956)|
Robert Sackett served in the Second World War as a sapper in the Royal Engineers. He died in service.
In 1911 Robert was living at 6 Rosedale Terrace, RainhamG, in the household of his parents Henry and Louisa, and was recorded in the census as Robert Sackett, a schoolboy, aged six and born in Rainham.11
Administration of Robert's estate was granted on 12 December 1945 to his widow Elsie. His estate was valued at £554.12
Children of Robert Bernard Sackett and Elsie May Fynn
- Eileen J Sackett b. 1926
- Jean Maureen Sackett b. 1942, d. 1946
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Richard Sackett of South Weald|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Email from Alison Sackett to Chris Sackett.
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1905. Sackett, Robert Bernard. Mother: Mathison. Romford. 4a:627."
- Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (www.greatwar.nl), "Sackett, Robert Bernard, Sapper, Service no. 14604224, d. 15/07/1945, aged 40, Royal Engineers, United Kingdom, Sec. A. Cons. Grave 51, Hornchurch (Rainham) Cemetery, son of Harry and Louise Sackett, of Rainham; husband of Elsie May Sackett, of Rainham. Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1945. Sackett, Robert B, 40. Romford."
- Burials register, Rainham Cemetery, Essex (deceasedonline.com), "19 July 1945, Robert Bernard Sackett."
- Website England & Wales Marriage Index, 1916–2005 (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com) (http://search.ancestry.co.uk/), "Sep qtr 1926. Sackett, Robert B. Spouse: Fynn. Romford. 4a:1411."
- Website England & Wales Marriage Index, 1916–2005 (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com) (http://search.ancestry.co.uk/), "Sep qtr 1926. Fynn, Elsie M. Spouse: Sackett. Romford. 4a:1411."
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1905. Fynn, Elsie May. Mother: Chiddicks. Romford. 4a:608."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, Jan 1985. Sackett, Elsie May, b. 16 Jun 1905. Barking & Dagenham. 11:155:185.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 6 Rosedale Terrace, Rainham, Essex
Henry Sackett, head, 39, married 17y, blacksmith, worker, b. Dagenham, Essex
Louisa Sackett, wife, 41, 7 ch, 6 living, b. Windsor, Berks
Leonard Sackett, son, 12, school, b. Dagenham, Essex
Ernest Sackett, son, 11, school, b. Dagenham, Essex
Robert Sackett, son, 6, school, b. Rainham, Essex
Emily Sackett, dau, 2, b. Rainham, Essex.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Robert Bernard of 214 Southend-road Rainham Essex died 15 July 1945 Administration Llandudno 12 December to Elsie May Sackett widow. Effects £554 19s. 2d."
|Last Edited||6 November 2016|