|Father||Colonel Niram Sackett (1797-1869)|
|Mother||Catherine Thorn (1806-1887)|
In 1860 Samantha was living in Irving, Chautauqua County, New York StateG, in the household of her parents Niram and Catharine, and was recorded in the census as Semantha Sackett, aged 27 and born in New York.4
Children of Samantha Sackett and Edward R Stiles
- Charles B Stiles b. 12 May 1862
- Gertrude Stiles b. 9 Feb 1864
|Sackett line||4th great-granddaughter of John Sackett of New Haven|
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Janet Wethy Foley, Early Settlers of New York State, Their Ancestors and Descendants, Heritage Books (1940), birth, "Semantha [d. Niram & Catherine (Thorn) Sackett], Sept. 28, 1833, Irving."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "4376. Semantha Sackett, b. Sept. 28, 1832, d. Dec. 21, 1895; m. Edwin B. Stiles." [Family bible records birth in 1833].
- Janet Wethy Foley, Early Settlers of New York State, Their Ancestors and Descendants, Heritage Books (1940), marriage, "Sackett, Semantha, dau of Niram and Catherine, and Edward R. Stiles, Aug. 8, 1861, Irving."
- 1860 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll: M653_732; Page: 361; Family History Library Film: 803732
Irving, Chautauqua County, New York State, 11 Jun 1860
Sackett, Niram, 62, farmer, real estate $10,000, personal estate $5,000, b. NY
Sackett, Catharine, 52, b. NY
Sackett, Jehial, 34, merchant, real estate $500, personal estate $6,000, b. NY
Sackett, Semantha, 27, b. NY
Sackett, Niram, 24, farmer, personal estate $400, b. NY
Sackett, Hess, Willhelmina, 23, b. Holland
McAndry, James, 13, b. NY
[Enumerator was Niram Sackett Jr].
|Last Edited||22 February 2009|