Loy Earl Sackett
|Father||Charles Oliver Sackett (1859-1939)|
|Mother||Caroline Adell "Carrie" Green (1860-1929)|
In 1900 Loy was living at Grand RiverG in the household of his parents Charles and Carrie, and was recorded in the census as Loy E Sackett, at school, aged 14 and born in Missouri.9
In 1910 he was living at Grand RiverG in the household of his parents Charles and Carrie, and was recorded as Loy E Sackett, a university student, aged 23.10
Loy read law at Missouri University from about 1914.11
Loy completed a World War I draft registration card on 5 June 1917. He was aged 30 and was employed as a farmer by his brother Arthur. He was living in Hamilton, Caldwell County, MissouriG, and was single.12 He served in the rank of Sergeant in the US Army at Fort Dodge, Iowa, from May 1918 to June 1919.6
In 1920 he was living in Hamilton, Caldwell County, MissouriG, in the household of his parents Charles and Carrie, and was recorded as Loy E Sackett, a lawyer, aged 33, single.13
In 1930 he was living at Mardel Street, St LouisG, and was recorded as Loy Earl Sackett, a lawyer in an insurance company, head of household, aged 42. He rented his home. His wife Cecil, 39, was living with him.14
Loy completed a World War II draft registration card on 25 April 1942. He was aged 55 and was employed by The Travelers Insurance Company. He was living at 540 Mapleview Drive, University City, St Louis County, MissouriG, with his wife.15
Loy Sacket Married.
Mr. and Mrs. C. 0. Sackett of south of Hamilton have just received an announcement of the marriage of their son, Loy Earl Sackett, of St. Louis, to Cecil Letita Bell Butler, daughter of Dr. and Mrs. Thomas Richard Butler of Kansas City. The marriage was solemnized on April 17, last, at All Souls' Unitarian church in Kansas City. Mr. and Mrs. Sackett are living in St. Louis.—Advocate-Hamiltonian.
—The Cameron Sun, Cameron, Missouri, 9 Jun 1927, p 2
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "9900. Loy Earl Sackett, b. Nov. 25, 1886."
- B S & J E Dean, A History of the William Dean Family of Cornwall, Conn. and Canfield, Ohio. (1903), digital image, Ancestry.com, p 51, Children of Charles O. Sackett and Carrie H. Green, "Loy Earl Sackett, b. in Cameron, Mo., Nov. 25, 1886."
- "Missouri, Birth Registers, 1847–1910" (Ancestry image), "25 Nov 1886, DeKalb, Missouri, unnamed male Sackett, 1st ch, father Charley O Sackett, 27, farmer, b. OH, mother Carrie A Sackett, maiden name Carrie A Green, 25, b. WI."
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Loy Earl, b. Cameron, Missouri, 25 Nov 1889, d. 15 Jun 1944, claim date 14 Aug 1944. Listed 2 Dec 1977 as Loy Earl Sackett."
- Website Missouri Digital Heritage, Missouri Death Certificates, 1910–1966 (https://s1.sos.mo.gov/), "Sackett, Loy Earl, d. enroute to City Hospital, St Louis, MO, 15 Jun 1944, res. 540 Mapleview, University City, St Louis County, MO, married, b. Cameron, MO, 25 Nov 1890, 53-6-20, attorney, Travelers Ins Co, wife Cecil Butler Sackett, 48, father Charles O Sackett b. OH, mother Carrie Green b. WI, informant Arthur Sackett, Hamilton, MO, cause coronary occlusion, bur. Lexington, 19 Jun 1944."
- "US, Headstone Applications for Military Veterans, 1925–1970" (Ancestry image), "Sackett, Loy E, enlisted 22 May 1918, discharged 24 Jun 1919, serial no. 2700556, Missouri, 1st Sgt, Conv. Co. A. Dem Group, Dodge, IA, Memorial Park Cemetery, Lexington, MO, emblem: Christian, granite marker, applicant Cecil Butler Sackett, 540 Mapleview Drive, University City, MO, 28 Jul 1949."
- Death record.
- Website Missouri Digital Heritage, Missouri Death Certificates, 1910–1966 (https://s1.sos.mo.gov/), "Sackett, Cecil Butler, d. 1307 South St, Lexington, Lafayette County, MO, 25 Nov 1950, res. 1307 South St, widowed, housekeeper, b. Grand Junction, CO, 27 Jan 1891, 59-9-28, father Dr Thomas R Butler, mother Letitia Bell Jennings, husband Loy Earl Sackett, informant Mrs Wm M Boone Jr, Lex, MO, cause pulmonary cardiac paralysis, bur. Memorial Park, Lexington, 28 Nov 1950."
- 1900 United States Federal Census
Page: 8; Enumeration District: 0069
Grand River, DeKalb County, Michigan, 1 Jun 1900
Sackett, Charles O, head, b. Jun 1859, 40, m. 15y, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, farmer, rented
Sackett, Carrie A, wife, b. Aug 1860, 39, m. 15y, 2 ch, both living, b. WI, father b. WI, mother b. WI
Sackett, Loy E, son, b. Nov 1885, 14, b. MO, father b. OH, mother b. WI, at school
Sackett, Arthur G, son, b. May 1888, 12, b. MO, father b. OH, mother b. WI, at school.
- 1910 United States Federal Census
Roll: T624_779; Page: 10A; Enumeration District: 0070; FHL microfilm: 1374792
Grand River, DeKalb County, Missouri, 5 May 1910
Sackett, Charles, head, 50, m1. 24y, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, farmer, general farm, home owned on mortgage
Sackett, Carrie, wife, 49, m1. 24y, b. WI, father b. NY, mother b. OH
Sackett, Loy, son, 23, single, b. MO, father b. OH, mother b. WI, student, university
Sackett, Arthur, son, 21, m1. 3 months, b. MO, father b. OH, mother b. WI, farmer, general farm
Sackett, Eva, dau-in-law, 24, m1. 3 months, b. KY, father b. KY, mother b. KY
[Charles O Sackett was the census enumerator].
- "US School Yearbooks, 1880–2013" (Ancestry image), University of Missouri, Columbia, 1915–16, "Sackett, Loy E, Law, 2nd Yr, Cameron, Clinton County."
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918" (Ancestry image), "No 970/10, Loy E Sackett, of Hamilton, MO, age 30, b. Nov 25 1886, b. Cameron, MO, farmer, employer A G Sackett, at Hamilton, MO, dependents father & mother, single, no previous military service, exemption claimed: stiff arm, father & mother. Registrant tall, medium build, blue eyes, auburn hair, disabilities stiff arm. Registrar's comment: "doubtful about #9" [dependent father & mother]. Reg Hamilton, Missouri, 5 June 1917."
- 1920 United States Federal Census
Roll: T625_910; Page: 3B; Enumeration District: 8
Hamilton, Caldwell County, Missouri, 10/12 Jan 1920
Sackett, Charles O, head, home owned free of mortgage, 60, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, farmer, general farm
Sackett, Carrie A, 59, b. WI, father b. VT, mother b. OH
Sackett, Loy E, son, 33, single, b. MO, father b. OH, mother b. WI, lawyer, law office.
- 1930 United States Federal Census
Page: 27A; Enumeration District: 0166
Mardel St, St Louis, Missouri, 16 Apr 1930
Sackett, Loy Earl, head, home rented $47pm, 42, m. at 39, b. MO, father b. OH, mother b. WI, lawyer, insurance
Sackett, Cecil B, wife, 39, m. at 36, b. CO, father b. MO, mother b. IL.
- "US World War II draft registration cards 1942" (Ancestry image), "Serial no. U1962, Loy Earl Sackett, 540 Mapleview Drive, Un[iversity] City, MO, age 55, b. nr Cameron, DeKalb County, 25 Nov 1886, contact Mrs Loy E Sackett, 540 Mapleview Drive, emp. The Travelers Ins Co, 1121 Pierce Bldg, St Louis, MO, race white, ht 5' 7¾", wt 180, eyes blue, hair red, complexion ruddy. Reg University City, MO, 25 Apr 1942."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||17 Jan 2021|