John Thompson Sackett
|Father||Hon Jehial Sackett (1768-1832)|
|Mother||Samantha Knapp (1773-1845)|
John was listed in the 1840 census as a householder in Stanford, Dutchess CountyG.4
John was named in his mother Samantha's will made at StanfordG on 2 October 1844. He was to receive a loan note for about $60 held against his brother-in-law George Guernsey.5
In 1850 John was living in Stanford, Dutchess CountyG, and was recorded in the census as John T Sackett, a farmer, aged 41 and born in New York. Living with him were his wife Maria, 35, and their children, Guernsey, 17, and Lydia, aged 14. A young female and a young male, also in the household, were presumably a servant and a farm laborer.6
1758. John Thompson Sackett, 1808–1882, of Columbia County, N. Y., and South Amenia, Dutchess County., N. Y., son of (730) Hon. Jehial and Semantha Knapp Sackett, was married, in 1830, to Maria L. Guernsey, 1814–1903.
4391. Lydia Ann Sackett, b. in 1836; m. Franklyn Kline.
Children of John Thompson Sackett and Maria L Guernsey
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1758. John T. Sackett, b. Nov. 27, 1808, d. in 1882; m. Maria Guernsey."
- "Sharon, Connecticut, Burying Grounds", inscriptions from burying grounds of Sharon, CT, Amenia, NY, and north east NY (Ancestry image), The Amenia Island Cemetery, "Sackett, John T., born Nov. 27, 1808, died Feb. 3, 1882."
- "Sharon, Connecticut, Burying Grounds", inscriptions from burying grounds of Sharon, CT, Amenia, NY, and north east NY (Ancestry image), The Amenia Island Cemetery, "Sackett, Maria L. Guernsey, wife of John T. Sackett, born March 18, 1814, died April 8, 1903."
- 1840 United States census
"John T Sackett, Stanford, Dutchess County, New York State."
- "New York, Wills and Probate Records, 1659–1999" (Ancestry image).
- 1850 United States Federal Census
Roll 497, p 208a
Stanford, Dutchess, New York, 27 Aug 1850
Sackett, John T, 41, farmer, real estate $7000, b. NY
Sackett, Maria L, 35, b. NY
Sackett, Guernsey, 17, farmer, b. NY
Sackett, Lydia A, 14, b. NY
Wells, Eliza, 15, black, b. NY
Callegan, Barney, 20, laborer, b. Ireland.
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of John Sackett of New Haven|
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
|Last Edited||24 Aug 2023|