|Father||Thomas Sackett (1777-1857)|
|Mother||Mary Ansell (c 1778-1872)|
In 1841 George was living at Hereson, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, in the household of his brother Thomas, and was recorded in the census as George Sackett, an apprentice mason, aged 15 and born in Kent.8
In 1851 he was living at 7 Francis Place, Hoxton, Shoreditch, MiddlesexG, and was recorded as George Sackett, a mason, head of household, married, aged 26 and born in Hereson [Ramsgate], Kent. Living with him were his wife Louisa, 21, and six-month-old daughter Elizabeth.9
George was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in Hereson, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, on 14 June 1844.10
In 1861 he was living at 7 Francis Place, Poole Street, Shoreditch, MiddlesexG, and was recorded as George Sackett, a stone cutter, head of household, married, aged 38 and born in St Lawrence, Kent. Living with him were his wife Louisa, 30, and children, Elizabeth, 10, Harriet, 9, Rosina, 3, Thomas, 7, Alfred, 4, and William, aged one.11
In 1871 George's widow Louisa was living at 7 Frances Place, ShoreditchG, and was recorded in the census as Louisa Sackett, head of household, a widow aged 40 and born in Romsey, Hampshire. Living with her were her children, Thomas, 17, Alfred, 14, Rose, 13, and Louisa, aged nine. Also in the household were Ann Coster, a female lodger, and Martha Gallery, a visitor.12
In 1881 she was living at 11 Francis Place, Hoxton Old Town, MiddlesexG, and was recorded as Louisa Sackett, retired, head of household, aged 49. Living with her were her unmarried children, Alfred, 24, and Louisa, 18, and her married daughter Elizabeth Chad, 30, with her husband Charles Chad, 31, and their children, Charles, 6, Alfred, 2, and James, aged nine months.13
Children of George Sackett and Louisa Maria Haysom
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, Ebenezer Independent Chapel, Ramsgate, "b. 23 May 1823, bp. 28 September 1823, George Sackett s. Thomas & Mary, St Lawrence, in the vestry."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1863. Sackett, George, 39. Shoreditch. 1c:153."
- Marriages Register, St John the Baptist, Shoreditch, Middlesex, "9 September 1849 George Sackett, full age, bachelor, stonemason, of Francis Place, father Thomas Sackett, shipwright, & Louisa Hayson, minor, spinster, of Francis Place, father Thomas Hayson, stonemason. Banns. Witnesses: Thomas Hayson, Wm Ballard, Sarah Hayson."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (Findmypast), "Sep qtr 1849. Sackett, George. Shoreditch. 2:407."
"Sep qtr 1849. Haysom, Louisa. Shoreditch. 2:407."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1890. Sackett, Louisa, 59. Edmonton."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Hereson, St Lawrence, Kent
Thomas Sackett, 30, mason, b. Kent
Harriett Sackett, 30, b. Kent
Stephen Sackett, 1, b. Kent
George Sackett, 15, mason ap., b. Kent
HO107; Piece 467; Book: 16; Civil Parish: St Lawrence; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 18; Folio: 34; Page: 36; Line: 17; GSU roll: 306862.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 7 Francis Place, Hoxton, Shoreditch, Middlesex
George Sackett, head, married, 26, mason, b. Kent, Heaston [=Hereson]
Louisa Sackett, wife, 21, b. Hampshire, Romsey
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 6 months, b. Middlesex., Hoxton
- Will of Thomas Sackett of Hereson, St Lawrence, Kent, 14 June 1844, proved at Canterbury, 7 August 1858 (Somerset House Indexes).
- 1861 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG9, piece 242, folio 82, p. 9, GSU roll 542598
7 Francis Place, Poole Street, Shoreditch (St Leonards), Middlesex
George Sackett, head, married, 38, stone cutter, b. Kent, St Laurence
Louisa Sackett, wife, 30, b. Hants, Romsey
Elizth Sackett, dau, 10, scholar, b. Mdx, Hoxton
Harriet Sackett, dau, 9, scholar, b. Mdx, Hoxton
Rosina Sackett, dau, 3, scholar, b. Mdx, Hoxton
Thos Sackett, son, 7, scholar, b. Mdx, Hoxton
Alfred Sackett, son, 4, scholar, b. Mdx, Hoxton
William Sackett, son, 1, b. Mdx, Hoxton.
- 1871 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG10, piece 457, folio 47, p. 3, GSU roll 823363
7 Frances Pl, Shoreditch, London
Louisa Sackett, head, widow, 40, b. Hampshire, Romsey
Thomas Sackett, son, 17, [occ. blank], b. Shoreditch
Alfred Sackett, son, 14, errand boy, b. Shoreditch
Rose Sackett, dau, 13, scholar, b. Shoreditch
Louisa Sackett, dau, 9, scholar, b. Shoreditch
Ann Coster, lodger, widow, 39, collar dresser, b. Kent, Blackheath
Martha Gallery, visitor, unm, 27, bonnet maker, b. Surrey, Southwark.
- 1881 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG11, Piece 397, Folio 89, p. 13, GSU roll 1341086
11 Francis Pl, Hoxton Old Town, Middlesex
Louisa Sackett, head, widow, 49, retired, b. Hants, Ramsey
Alfred Sackett, son, unm, 24, mason, b. Shoreditch
Louisa Sackett, dau, unm, 18, shipper, b. Shoreditch
Charles Chad, son-in-law, 31, mason, b. Shoreditch
Elizabeth Chad, dau, 30, b. Shoreditch
Charles Chad, gson, 6, scholar, b. Shoreditch
Alfred Chad, gson, 2, b. Shoreditch
James Chad, gson, 9m, b. Shoreditch.
|Last Edited||29 November 2016|