Betsey Jane Sackett
|Father||Justus Sackett (1784-1846)|
|Mother||Mary "Polly" Bradley (c 1787-1867)|
Betsey Jane was admitted to membership of the Congregational Church of Christ, WarrenG, on 25 September 1830 and was subsequently recommended to the Congregational Church in Canfield, Ohio. She was again a member the Warren church in 1845.5,6
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "3750. Betsey J. Sacket, b. Nov. 11, 1813, d. Nov. 23, 1850; m. Myron S. Hine."
"3750. Betsey J. Sackett, 1813–1850, daughter of (1500) Justus and Mary Bradley Sackett, was married Nov. 1, 1836, to Myron S. Hine."
- "Connecticut, Church Record Abstracts, 1630–1920" (Ancestry image), Church of Christ, Warren, "Sackett, Betsey Jane, Laura Ann, Emily Sybbyl, Mary Joan, Lucind Cordelia & Lucy Eliza, children of Justus & Polly, bp. 8 Jun 1828. 2:64."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackett, Betsey Jane, of Warren, m. Hiron Hine, of Canfield, O., Oct. 29, 1835, by Rev. Hart Talcott. Warren Vital Records, 1:57."
- "Connecticut, Church Record Abstracts, 1630–1920" (Ancestry image), Church of Christ, Warren, "Sackett, Betsey Jane, m. Miron Hine, 29 Oct 1835. 2:29a."
- "Connecticut, Church Record Abstracts, 1630–1920" (Ancestry image), Church of Christ, Warren, "Sackett, Betsey Jane, adm. ch. 25 Sep 1830; recom. to Cong. Church, Canfield, Ohio. 2:120."; "Sackett, Betsey Jane, adm. ch. 25 Sep 1831, on profession; dism. to Canfield, Ohio. 5:84-5."
- Lucy Sackett Curtiss, The Congregational Church, Warren, Connecticut, 1756–1956, 80, "When the ladies of the church ripped open the cover of the pulpit cushion, they found [a paper which read:] "In the year of our Lord 1845, under the presidency of James K. Polk, and the Governorship of Roger S. Baldwin, and in the second year of the pastorate of Rev. John R. Keep, the ladies of Warren observed that the pulpit cushion, under the influence of twenty-five years of sound orthodox preaching, had, in the language of our predecessors, 'turned to rags'. ... On Thursday, the 7th of August, assembled, for the purpose of recovering the cushion, Mrs. Jane Sackett Hine, Mrs. Emily Sackett Comstock, Misses Laura Taylor, Lucy C. Sackett [and 5 others] ...."
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||10 Apr 2022|